sowenjr
multiple forums
  • 2005/5/17 14:18

• sowenjr

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/8 1

IS there a way to install multiple forums. That way i can subdevide my forum instead of havieng one extreamly large one. This would permit me to name each of the forums as i see fit. And allow use to navagate between them just as they click to enter the main one now.

IS this possable or can a module be made to do this?

davidl2
Re: multiple forums
  • 2005/5/17 14:49

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

A forum can have multiple sections like this one does... I can't really see the need for more than one forum to be honest... its too much work to look after one!

phppp
  • 2005/5/17 14:57

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

I could understand the requirement.

There could be two possibilities:
1 make the forum module easy to clone
2 adding new features to allow some selected forum boards look indepedent

Which would be more comfortable to a webmaster?
Altough neither is available in existting forum modules, but case 1 would be easier to implement in future CBB/newbb

sowenjr
  • 2005/5/17 23:52

• sowenjr

• Just popping in

Could a module be setup to install a new forum seperate from the first and allow you to name that forum?
Would that be a possability.

Bassically it would just act like your installing a different module and act like a seperate module.

And i have two admins on my site and amd getting more

maintaning the forums are not an issue. I just want to give my members and future members more than they expect.

if you look at my members area you will see why i want to subdevide.

Click my signature to go to my site then go to the members area.

Lance_
  • 2005/5/18 1:18

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

I reaaly have a hard time figuring out the need to have different forum modules.

If you look at my sites, I use Multimenu to link to the separate categories and their ensuing forums.

I can understand you not wanting to just have the link to the index of the forum as that will show all forums. Installing other forums modules is not necessary and as stated above, will become a b*tch to maintain in the longrun. Plus your posts stats will probably be all wrong (I think).

Cheers.

Lance_
  • 2005/5/18 1:22

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

@ sowenjr

Check out my sites and the Discussions forums, when you are in a category, you don't see the other categories.
You need newbb2 for this, I think yours is newbb1.

brigarkee
  • 2005/5/18 1:27

• brigarkee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/10

I'm just wondering if there is a difference to using one of the multi-menu modules over creating a new block and adding the links in html format to make them links?

I am only curious because I am new to this and this is what I have done on my website (created a new block). Is it better to use the Multimenu for this function?

I'm really just taking a stab at most of the stuff I am trying to create on my website, and sometimes the things I am attempting to do, I get very nervous about.

(One of the reasons I back up my site daily )

Thanks!

sowenjr
  • 2005/5/18 13:24

• sowenjr

• Just popping in

Well if itransfer over to the new phpbb2 setup can i transfer the post i have on the site now to the new setup?

Login

Who's Online

68 user(s) are online (29 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 68

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits