Nnemesis
Can't find this particular prob mentioned by anyone else here....
  • 2005/5/13 2:08

• Nnemesis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/12

Ok, I've just checked through the forum and I can't find any mention of this so here goes...

I've uoploaded the entire html folder to my root directory. I then renamed it to xoop. Then i've gone to that directory in my browser where the wizard is suposed to appear and i get.... nada, nowt, nothin, bugger all. I see the entire directory but I get no wizard kicking into action. If I navigate to the install folder and then click on the index.php I still get no wizard but instead I get a page full of copywrite blurb followed by a load of php script. What have I got to do to get the wizard to kick in?

Any help is appreciated as this looks like a cool prog and I really wanna have a play wid it :)

jdseymour
Re: Can't find this particular prob mentioned by anyone else here....

You may want to see the Xoops installation Flash Tutorial it will show you an actual install, and possible problems.

Question, Why the subfolder XOOPS does best at the root of the site.

HTH.

Lance_
Re: Cant find this particular prob mentioned by anyone else here....
  • 2005/5/13 3:03

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

I always use a subdir to install. This way I can have other apps or a separate files folder and/or images folder, and not have everything all jumbled up in my XOOPS install.

Nnemesis, if you see the php code then it sounds like php isn't installed. Did I understand corretly the symptom? and if you see the files in the directory then maybe you are missing files (the index.html file for sure) and this might point to a corrupted or incomplete upload.

kgmetcalfe
  • 2005/5/13 3:31

• kgmetcalfe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/24

nowhere is there mention of a server... He does have one installed - yes??

if not i recommend wamp 5 or the xsas server from this site... just so he can play wid it...( his words )..

stefan88
  • 2005/5/13 6:13

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

What type and version of OS, web server and PHP are you using?
Did you install the server, or it is a hosting?

Nnemesis
  • 2005/5/13 14:05

• Nnemesis

• Just popping in

Thanks for all the feedback, guys. i'm not running it on my own server at the moment. I'm trying to run it on my hosted webspace. My webspace is enabled for php, CGI and MySQL, which are working because I currently run a php messageboard on there without any probs.

The reason i put it in a sub directory was because I'd allready tried it on the root and still had no luck so i was just trying another way to see if it did any good.

I'm trying out dif server apps at the moment now to see if I can get it to run like that. Hopefully I'll get it sorted out one way or another :)

Oh and my os is Win XP.

areamike
  • 2005/5/13 14:14

• areamike

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/28

Are you running IIS on WinXP or another Webserver App?

I use and highly recommend this:

http://www.appservnetwork.com/

It installs PHP,MySQL and Apache on your local WinXP machine. I actually like the control better than running the standard IIS in XP. Wonderful adn easy to use.

It sounds like PHP is not started on your server, but you say other PHP scripts run...wierd.
Also, do you know the version of PHP you are running?
PHP5 may give you some problems with certain scripts.

To check your php version, copy and paste this in a text file and save as phpinfo.php.

<?php
phpinfo
()
?>

upload to your root directory then point your browser to
http://localhost/phpinfp.php

Nnemesis
  • 2005/5/13 17:57

• Nnemesis

• Just popping in

AHA! I am victorious! *proud look*...... well, sorta. After another morning of messin bout with servers I gave up and tried again to get it to run on my hosted webspace. Instead of loading it to the root directory, I loaded it to a seperate CGI server where my ISP says we have to put all PHP scripts.
Well this time the wizard kicked in with no probs whatsoever.

GREAT! I hear you all scream. Well not so fast, Sonny. I'm happily working my way through the wizard when I get a message saying that the database I entered cannot be found. I scuttle off to MySQL admin and discover that the DB has gone. I go to my ISP's forums and find that they screwed the pooch a few days ago and the disk that they hold all their customers SQL databases on went and sploded... or summin.

So now I guess I just gotta sit on my butt until they get it all sorted.... Oh the HUMANITY!.

Login

Who's Online

240 user(s) are online (156 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 240

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits