Kumonryu_Kid
Can I turn off User Ranks?

Hi All,

Several Users of my site have complained that they do not like User Ranks, it makes them feel unwelcome. I realise that I can change this by either changing the lower one to something everyone is happy with and having an exceptionally high threshold, but is there a way I can turn this off altogether (or at least prevent them from being displayed?)

Best Regards,
Gareth Wilden.

limecity
Re: Can I turn off User Ranks?
  • 2005/5/12 10:57

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

Yes you can turn them off.

Go to your administration menu-> system admin-> User Ranks
From there you can configure it. Depends what you wanna do. Maybe remove those ranks that you don't want and just leave the webmaster and moderators there.

I think this rank stuff is good if you have a forum running. It kinda motivates the users to post more stuff.

Kumonryu_Kid
Re: Can I turn off User Ranks?

Thanks,

THat was kind of what I suggested I did - make one group with a nice graphic and a stupidly high post count and put everyone on that. Was wondering if there was a way of removing them altogether, but this looks like the way to go.

By the way, I really like them. We're offering prizes to conitrbutors based on good articles and this is a great way of monitoring status. But the users moan so they got to go...

Gareth

Login

Who's Online

184 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 184

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits