Show a block ONLY in the main page...
  • 2005/5/8 16:09

• juanjo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/20

Hi xoopsers!
I wanted to show a wellcome block at my webpage, so when you went to:
http://myweb.com
this block would display, and also the news module (so I put in preferences that News would be my Home page module).
Now, whenever I ask for an article in the News (1.31) module, I am given the article but also the wellcome block!!
Is there any way of putting this block in the home page only?
Thanks in advance,
Juan J.

rowdie
Re: Show a block ONLY in the main page...
  • 2005/5/8 16:51

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

I don't think you can do that if you set a module as your home page. Try using blocks from the news module to display news articles on the front page, together with your welcome block.

juanjo
  • 2005/5/10 8:58

• juanjo

• Just popping in

But... there is no bloc with all the news, as when I define News as my Home Page module...
I'd like to show some news in the home page.
I have tried the 'Recent Articles' block but it will only show the articles one per line without photographs or anything... :P
AFAIK there is no block that shows the articles as what you see in the News module main page (I think it is the modules/news/index.php)
Any help will be greatly appreciated (maybe it is so clear I don't see it... :'(

jdseymour

See my front page at WarPigW2.com that is a spotlite block using my AMS articles. The most recent News module, version 1.3 has similar.

juanjo
  • 2005/5/10 9:44

• juanjo

• Just popping in

Ok. I'll give it another look as I have already the News 1.3(1) module already installed. The only problem is I don't have a Spotlight block in my News module or anything simmilar...
Thanks anyway. Now I see that I am missing something clearly. Don't still know what but I know I'm nearer than before! :)

jdseymour

When you setup your block on the front page in System Admin - Blocks, All the way to the right you will see a small link "Edit" click on that link to add additional options for your block.

HTH.

Login

Who's Online

216 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 216

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits