rocket98
White Screen of death
  • 2005/5/9 19:01

• rocket98

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/2 2

Hi,

My website URL has been running flawlessly under 2.0.9.2 for a few weeks, months.

This morning (my biological clock) I decided to add a couple of links to the head section in theme to link to some other content in my domain space. I added the links and saved files now front page is blank. hmmmm

I could not get the changes to appear so I removed cached template_c content and switched on "Update module template .html files". No effect.

Still no good. I can't see any problems in theme.html. Admin section now seems to be broken as well. I have a few modules installed they are now gone. All I have is "System Admin" icon nothing else. If I go to view installed modules there are all there but they do not appear in main control panel.

Any advice appreciated.

ackbarr
Re: White Screen of death

can you please enable PHP debugging as described in this FAQ:
https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=80

Then respond back with any errors displayed on the "White Screen of Death"

rocket98
Re: White Screen of death
  • 2005/5/9 20:26

• rocket98

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/2 2

Thanks Acbarr,

I did not think of that. Was too gonzo over fact it just up and left without notice.

Problem fixed permissions were changed somehow (not me). Now scratching head wondering why permissions on templates_c would have changed upon removing previous cached files ... rather odd. Has not happened anywhere before.

Thank you kindly for that one upside head! Everything was running so smoothly I forgot what to do when things go bad.

Login

Who's Online

243 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 243

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits