damaster
Re: What's going on with XOOPS
  • 2005/5/7 1:42

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/11

Me too...

That's why i'm waiting for the JP Team XOOPS fork.

Quote:
ayumi wrote:
(...) At this time, there are no detailed announcements of the new XOOPS fork at www.xoopscube.jp.
The 4th XOOPS Conference will be held on Saturday 21st of May in Tokyo.
I expect there would be announcements of new XOOPS fork’s features, concepts and roadmap at the conference.A report of the 3rd XOOPS Conference is here.

Posted on: 2005/4/28 5:05
I like people more than machines or money. But that's me!
Lets do something good and great: Lets do open source!

Nu-nrg
  • 2005/5/7 7:08

• Nu-nrg

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/11

Quote:

Damaster wrote:
Me too...

That's why i'm waiting for the JP Team XOOPS fork.

Quote:
ayumi wrote:
(...) At this time, there are no detailed announcements of the new XOOPS fork at www.xoopscube.jp.
The 4th XOOPS Conference will be held on Saturday 21st of May in Tokyo.
I expect there would be announcements of new XOOPS fork’s features, concepts and roadmap at the conference.A report of the 3rd XOOPS Conference is here.

Posted on: 2005/4/28 5:05

I can not understand Japanese team.
Does the XOOPS community that develops online have the possibility of doing the most important announcement in off-line meeting first?

It is necessary to announce simultaneously or first on the site in Japan.
If it is so,
I do not think that the cooperation of a Japanese team and a Japanese
site functions.
To the way similar to the relation between XOOPS.ORG and JP.XOOP.....

damaster
  • 2005/5/7 15:08

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

As mention before,
Quote:
...piece by piece will make the puzzle understandable !...
That is a f**ked up situation!

Maybe you should read the links above to understand what is going on, just like i did!

m0nty
Re: Whats going on with XOOPS
  • 2005/5/7 15:57

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

those links both point to the same discussion.

personally i think that's a situation that both kazu & skalpa need to sort out between themselves as adults..

maybe skalpa was over the top in posting that on a public forum and i haven't read the whole thread.. neither can i imagine that the 1 post made by skalpa is the route of all this?? or is it?

i don't think posting links everywhere pointing to that is gonna help matters at all.. all it's gonna end up doing is inviting debate and will end up in a divide of users taking sides with each other. and that's not the way to go about it (it's damaging to both parties if i have to say it).. are we adults or kids? please stop pouring fuel onto the fire and let it be with the people concerned.

Mithrandir

Quote:
to understand what is going on

Or get the wrong end of the stick by stiching things and fragments together from here and there.

OK, I had hoped it would fit in with a better time, better format and better message, but here it is:

As you can guess by reading about a possible XOOPS fork by a team of Japanese developers including Onokazu, you can also guess that he is no longer a XOOPS core developer.
This decision was made by a majority in the XOOPS Core Team after I asked them to decide on the issue.

My reasons for asking for a decision on such a critical question were that my ideas and way of coding is incompatible with Kazu's and have been for quite a while, culminating in Kazu's implementation of a security token system that was not as easy to implement in modules as it could be - and the subsequent discussion which got both too public and too much out of hand with one side being emotional and rude and the other side being deaf.

That is not a way to progress and after talking with Skalpa, I could conclude that 2 out of 3 members of the core development team could work together and not with the third.

So something had to be done and that was what we did. We want what is best for XOOPS and 2 people working in one direction and another working in another will only result in a higher degree of roll-backs, code re-writings and similar setbacks.

I had hoped that Kazu would instead focus his efforts on bringing the ideas from the Japanese community closer to the core development - without implementing them directly and personally - but apparently this is not the case. I still wish he will do that instead of forking XOOPS. As this thread has also highlighted, we are in dire need of a Japanese-English proficient person who can be the link between us and the Japanese community - and Kazu definitely have the proficiencies to do that.

In the meantime, I have focused on getting the development of XOOPS 2.1 on the road to show that XOOPS development does not stop with Kazu - on the contrary. It is also not a one-man show with the actor changing from Kazu to myself - the brotherpart of the implemented bugfixes, patches and features are based on ideas, code and reports from the community - and at this point, there are several developers not in the official core development team working on parts of the 2.1 core in order to tweak and polish the flow, so the inconveniences in the 2.0.x core will be a thing of the past.

We have a group of people working on proposals on how to improve communication between local support sites. We have people working on how to promote XOOPS in the outside world. XOOPS is finally becoming a team effort in all aspects and noone should doubt whether there is a future for XOOPS. The 30.000 registered users on xoops.org will make sure that there will be.

damaster
  • 2005/5/7 16:21

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

Hi m0nty,

If someone ask, he has the right to know..
is this or not Open Source against secretism

But, what are you doing that for?
- pouring fuel onto the fire ?

And you know why?
If i can say it :
-unconsciously you already know fire also purifies!

That has an impact on the project and the community health
that will end up in two diferent projects and communities (fork) you can't ignore it!

Read all the thread before making comments. Real friends are honest even if is something bad going on and they're not afraid to say the truth. Because it's discussing that they found a solution.

For us, latin people, we usually say: "the dirty clothes are washed in family"

rowdie
  • 2005/5/7 16:22

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

@Damaster
Neither of those links explain why the Japanese team feel they need to announce a possible XOOPS fork at a conference instead of online at the japanese support site, which was what Nu-nrg's post was about.

@Mith
I'm glad that a decision was made, though of course sad that it was one that meant the loss of a founding developer. It was clear though that something had to change, there was too great a difference of opinion within the core team. Difference of opinion is ok too, but that just looked like it was holding everyone back, creating tensions and making further development impossible.

damaster
  • 2005/5/7 16:31

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

Someone pointed out to me this link:

http://www.cluetrain.com/

and maybe this other one will explain why i don't like proprietary or bossy attitude:

http://thecorporation.com/

Links above are for personal research!

Any way, everybody agree that having the choice is a good thing !

m0nty
  • 2005/5/7 17:07

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

Quote:

If someone ask, he has the right to know..
is this or not Open Source against secretism

But, what are you doing that for?
- pouring fuel onto the fire ?

And you know why?
If i can say it :
-unconsciously you already know fire also purifies!

personally i'd sooner pour water onto the fire and come to a compromise without the need to fight or split. and water is more purifying than fire, fire is aggressive, water is flowing, water is rough, calm, and destructive but afterwards it's always calm and it's always there.. people work better if they can compromise on things they disagree with..

i'm not inviting an argument into my post so i'm not going to say anymore.. mith has explained more than enough.

LazyBadger

Quote:

rowdie wrote:
Neither of those links explain why the Japanese team feel they need to announce a possible XOOPS fork at a conference instead of online at the japanese support site

Isn't it so obvious?! Why?
Simply (from my humble POV) because Japan XOOPS Conference is Japan and only Japan child, which doesn't interfere with other near-XOOPS world, it's result of internal work and efforts. If ideas from Japan side not respected, if "Core Developers" excomunicate Ono, why Japan community must take care about others?!
They have own plans for future, and there aren't place for european XOOPS (in which they shifted to marginal position)in it (and www.xoopscube.jp is support site of XOOPS, which they left outboard)

Login

Who's Online

164 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 164

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits