dasportsmen
User having trouple posting.
  • 2005/5/5 14:14

• dasportsmen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/5 1

Currently I only have one user with this problem.

When the user logs on and enters the forum area he is forced to log in again. When he attempts to enter a post in the forum area he gets the error "Unable To Insert Post". I can enter his account from my computer with no problems and enter posts in the forum. I did notice that his username appears to show us as multiple Anonomous IP's in the "Whos Online Area". The last two of his IP address are usually off by one or a couple of numbers.

All other users on the forum are having no problems with posting posts or anything else on the site that I have been informed of. Do any of you have any idea on how I can get him up and running and if the problem is on his end or mine.

Thanks,

Aaron R. Cathcart IV
Chairman/Founder
Disabled American Sportsmen
www.dasportsmen.com
daspcom@dasportsmen.com

skenow
Re: User having trouple posting.
  • 2005/5/5 14:23

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

This most often is a end-user firewall issue. See the FAQ at Xoops FAQ - Cookies and Firewall

dasportsmen
  • 2005/5/5 18:32

• dasportsmen

• Just popping in

I have added the recomended change to the functions.php Now when I log on and try and post I must re-enter my username and password. Befor I didn't have to do this. Can anybody give me the original text for refercheck so I can get back to my original setup. I made a copy of the original but I still have the same problem when I reinsert it. I appolagize for the trouple.

dasportsmen
  • 2005/5/5 18:37

• dasportsmen

• Just popping in

I am also not allowed to enter the admin section. This thing is kicking my butt.

Is it possible to use or download a functions.php from another XOOPS webmaster and use it?

DonXoop

Assuming that everything is installed correctly then it is likely a personal firewall issue. Turn it off and see if that is the problem. If it is then you know where to fix the problem (in your firewall).

The double login is usually a URL issue. See if the hostname you put in the address bar is the same after hitting a link or two in xoops. If the redirect hostname is different (www or no www for example) after you login then that causes the double login.

Login

Who's Online

161 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 161

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits