new_bie
Is xoops Seo Friendly?
  • 2005/4/25 20:10

• new_bie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/29

Hi!

I wonder if XOOPS is SEO friendly because of the link tag titles that XOOPS uses www.mysite.com/modules/
Mambo has a component to edit the link tags so it will be more easier to submit your site to the search engines

Anyone has some experiences about this?

Thanks!

Mithrandir
Re: Is xoops Seo Friendly?

Why should it be more difficult to submit your site?

new_bie
  • 2005/4/25 21:14

• new_bie

• Just popping in

I was thinking you get more website has more visitors if your link has the right titles like mysite.com/aboutus instead mysite.com/modules/tinycontent..
do you understand what I mean..

jdseymour

Well when I first started using XOOPS back this past November, I had an 3 year old static site I replaced with no page rank and about 5 visitors a month, on a good month.

Since XOOPS I am up to a Google page rank of 6 and average about 80 to 90 visitors a day (not much to some, but alot to me). Google as well as other major bots are crawling my site every day (sometimes more than 20 at a time).

3 months ago about 50 search engine hits, last month about 500, this month so far 1100 hits from 16 different search engines.

So I think that XOOPS is an excellent CMS for search engines to index. I do not use any URL hacks just straight Xoops.

HTH.

LazyBadger

Quote:

new_bie wrote:
I was thinking you get more website has more visitors if your link has the right titles

Wrong thinking... amount of visitor doesn't depend directly from URI-naming scheme... It can has some weak indirect relation to positioning in search-results

LazyBadger

Quote:

jdseymour wrote:
So I think that XOOPS is an excellent CMS for search engines to index. I do not use any URL hacks just straight Xoops.

Well, you (as most users) made one mistake in answer - you answer not on asked question and mix|replace SEF by SEO.

XOOPS isn't Search Engines Optimised, but is uses SearchEngineFriendly URLs, and isn't SEO for rather obvious reasons - real optimisation heavy depends from content, target search-engines and audience, simply can't be performed automagically - it's separate category of "black magic"

rune79
  • 2005/5/6 13:53

• rune79

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/9 1

Didn't get the last part? But there is most certantly some thing wrong when it comes to SEO, it may be that it doesn't have SEF URI's, but if it is something else this should be discussed, it is in a very high priority for any webmaster to get visitors!
Make this search query in google 'xoops sef' that's what i did and i expected to find at least 3 pages of this topic from XOOPS sites! only 2, the rest is mambo!

I would have used XOOPS to all of my sites if:
1 You could get your artikles and sub-pages indexed in the search engines the way you can with MAMBO, TYPO3 ect.
2 A Menu system like mambo or typo.

If these two condisions were fullfilled, XOOPS would be 'The' CMS in the world.

Gambero[removed]

Hmmm ... nice to know that.

new_bie
  • 2005/5/7 8:01

• new_bie

• Just popping in

thanks for your answers!

rune79
  • 2005/5/22 10:55

• rune79

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/9 1

One of the main reasons why XOOPS don't reach the top in particular google is the lack of descriptive META: 'Title', 'description' and to some extend 'keywords' in the templates.

If someone have a good idear to include forum topic 'subjects', article titles from the most common modules, this would properbly give XOOPS users a big boost in google search engine.

ect. the page you are reading now should not have the title 'Official XOOPS Website - Support Forums' but 'Is XOOPS Seo Friendly? - Support Forums - Official XOOPS Website' or just
'Is XOOPS Seo Friendly? - Official XOOPS Website'

by the way thanks for a good CMS. This is no offense to the developers of XOOPS you realy have done a great job and i would still prefer XOOPS before any other CMS that i have found until now, manly because it seems to be much easier to develop modules to XOOPS and XOOPS amazingly seems to work on all the hosts that i have tested it, keep up the good work!
I just personaly see the SEO issue as an very important factor.

Login

Who's Online

171 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 171

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits