beach_defend
Porting an existing Application(s) to XOOPS

Hi,
I have been building php applications for a large community organisations in Australia for the past 2 years or so and would like to provide them with these applications working within a XOOPS enabled environment.

I seem to recall stumbling on a set of articles that provided information about how to go about it, but I cant find it again.

If anyone has good references, I would be very greatful.

I am also interested in speaking to anyone that has successfully extended the xoopsuser. I have a range of users that belong to clubs, which in turn belong to branchs as part of states within the national structure.

At this stage I am looking to move our authentication (we have several hundred clubs online already) over to the relevant XOOPS tables and initially modify the existing login process to use those. Then I want to allow the registered club users to use the forums, news etc as part of the existing environment.

The ultimate goal is to have a multi-level content management system that allows the clubs to maintain internal information but publish information to the public as necessary (they are Surf Lifesaving Clubs so stuff like beach conditions, events etc).

Any suggestions would be welcome.

bluenova
Re: Porting an existing Application(s) to XOOPS

Sounds like a very interesting project.

This should get you started with mod dev:
http://dev.xoops.org/modules/phpwiki/

beach_defend

Alternatively I'd be extremely interested in hearing from anyone that has had experience using LDAP authentication with xoops.

I've been looking at the Dev Wiki and have started looking at the XOOPS code (reverse engineered UML models - using Enterprise Architect).

I'm thinking that an LDAP approach may make more sense because all of the forms we have built use PEAR QuickForm and QuickForm_controller as well as the PEAR:B and PEAR:B_DataObject packages.

Again any thought, advice or epxerience would be very valuable.

If there is anyone that is interested having updates relayed, pleased let me know.

Barry

Herko
  • 2005/4/22 7:00

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

do a search for Mercibe's LDAP hack. Also, in XOOPS 2.1/2.2 we will look at adding LDAP support.

Herko

Login

Who's Online

194 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 194

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits