fryonvigil
THE FOLDER "template_c"
  • 2005/4/20 10:24

• fryonvigil

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/8 9

Dearest fellow,

Does anyone out there who rally know the relevance of this "template_c"?

I tried to develop a XOOPS website in my standalone and I always made my modification and enhancement of each page by editing files inside the folder "template_c". Are there some issues with this?

This is a challenge to us...

thanks and more power

jdseymour
Re: THE FOLDER "template_c"

Template_c is a theme and template cache folder. Making changes to the theme source file on the server will not show until the template_c folder is cleared.

bluenova

Quote:
I always made my modification and enhancement of each page by editing files inside the folder "template_c". Are there some issues with this?

The files will get overwitten by the files from your /themes and /templates folders eventually.

fryonvigil
  • 2005/4/21 6:15

• fryonvigil

• Just popping in

tHANKS bluenova,

Which one filea are better to use then, those files in the "temple_c" folder or those in the /themes and /template folders? What are issues with these? Will ther be some possible hacks or speed?

Thanks and more power,

fryonvigil

Chappy
  • 2005/4/21 6:46

• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/14

The editing of the templates is done via Administration|System|templates. Create a duplicate of your default template set, give it a name, and then modify the individaul system and module files listed in that new template set. Each module will have a set of templates as does the system module. Edit theme via the Administration|System|templates setting. My understanding is that you can also download them and then reupload them after you have worked on them. Use the Administration|System|templates tool to do that as well.

OF course, all of this is in the FAQ in much better: Try here as a starter.

fryonvigil
  • 2005/4/22 5:39

• fryonvigil

• Just popping in

Well thanks,

But I noticed that editing templates via administration|System|templates will only edit thos templates of individual module...How about the template for each theme, say: imagotheme, mountaintheme by xbanius?

Is it acceptable to use those files in the "template_c" I'm these files and everything works fine..

Thanks and more power,

fryonvigil

Dave_L
  • 2005/4/22 5:45

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

templates_c contains compiled Smarty templates. (When Smarty compiles a template, it translates the Smarty tags to PHP.) Any changes you make to the files in templates_c will get overwritten the next time Smarty recompiles the templates.

So you shouldn't edit the files in templates_c except for testing or debugging purposes.

fryonvigil
  • 2005/4/22 10:26

• fryonvigil

• Just popping in

I got your point Dave_L, in fact, your explaination is clear. Just one more thing..what do you mean "Any changes you make to the files in templates_c will get overwritten the next time Smarty recompiles the templates" You mean the "next time smarty recompiles the template"

1. When or How often this template is recomplied?

2. I can't find ways where to edit the theme.html for each template. Can I edit via administration|System|templates? I cand find where.

3. Can I copy the codes and tags of any file from "template_c" then paste these tags to "theme.html" located in the template folder?

4. Is it advisable to delete all files in the "template_c"?

Thanks and more power,

fryonvigil

Herko
  • 2005/4/22 10:35

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

fryonvigil, I think you should start by reading thru the XOOPS FAQ on themes and templates. Also, the XOOPS operation guide is a very good resource to use.

There is a difference you obviously haven't discovered yet between themes and templates. That's not a bad thing, so I'm pointing you to the resources where you can find your answers

Herko

fryonvigil
  • 2005/4/22 10:46

• fryonvigil

• Just popping in

Thanks, iLL go for it. ILL be back for updates.

Login

Who's Online

514 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 514

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits