PaulSinnema
after install of 2.0.9.2 get 'Selected module does not exist!'

Hi,

Tried to upgrade to 2.0.9.2 today. Everything works fine except when I go directly to my homepage www.paulsinnema.net. When I do that, I get the left and right frames ok, but the middle frame stay empty and the message 'Selected module does not exist!' is displayed. Typing www.paulsinnema.net/index.php show the site as it should!

I've aready several messages on this subject, but most of them concern Windows. The provider that's running my site uses Linux and Apache (goto: www.paulsinnema.net/info.php). Tomorrow I'll be restoring the old site (2.0.6).

Who know what going on. Tried debugging with PHP Debug. At the bottom of the page the following is displayed:

Notice [PHP]: Undefined offset: 2 in file include/common.php line 259
Notice [PHP]: unserialize(): Error at offset 0 of 25 bytes in file kernel/object.php line 342

Anyone got a clue if that causes it?

Now I had the same problem last year installing 2.0.6 on Windows XP with IIS. Had to change some code for that, but don't remember what I did then. I've got a message at my work containing this workaround. If I find it will try that too. If it works, I'll post it here!

Paul.

PaulSinnema
Re: after install of 2.0.9.2 get 'Selected module does not exist!'

Hi again,

It seems that my provider (or linux, xoops?) has some caching somewhere (not switched on in XOOPS b.t.w). This morning I got an error I didn't get last night. Here it is:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/www/web48/html/header.php on line 112
Notice [PHP]: Undefined offset: 2 in file include/common.php line 259

Am now back at 2.0.6. Wow, that works like clockwork. I really like my provider.

Noticed something else just now. In 2.0.9.2 when I enter www.paulsinnema.net/index.php, I missed something on the page. I know now that is was the 'Top Links' area on the left bottom side of my page. It's possible there were more missing, but I dont remember that anymore (sorry).

Paul.

PaulSinnema

Hi,

It's awfully quite arround here! Doesn't anyone have a clue what's going wrong or suggestions or .....

Paul.

ellswrth
  • 2005/3/23 15:31

• ellswrth

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/22

I don't have a suggestion, but I do have the same problem on a new installation of 2.0.9.2

I'm trying to set up a testbed to compare CMS's and have the following config;

XP Pro SP2
IIS 5.1
mySQL 4.1.10-nt
php 4.3.10.10

I can run other CMS's such as drupal on the config just fine.

I've tried the following;

- grant full control to IUSR_<machinename> over the entire XOOPS directory

- changing php from ISAPI to CGI

- register globals is on in php.ini

- trying to access a module through a full URL
(http://www.yourdomain.com/modules/system/admin.php?fct=preferences&op=show&confcat_id=1)

I can start XOOPS but I can access no modules.

Right now, XOOPS is on the back burner cause it won't work for me. Any assistance is appreciated.

ackbarr

You should try the patch suggested by Mithrandir in this thread

ellswrth
  • 2005/3/23 19:17

• ellswrth

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/22

Quote:

ackbarr wrote:
You should try the patch suggested by Mithrandir in this thread

Thanks. The last patch code didn't work (missing punctuation) but the second last one did.

I guess this means though that a future upgrade of include/config.php will break my site?

ackbarr

I'll check to make sure, but I believe that future versions of that file will fix the logic to work properly in IIS

DuongQua
  • 2005/4/21 4:59

• DuongQua

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/17

@ellswrth:

if ( !isset($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']) || !$_SERVER'REQUEST_URI' ] )  {         // Not defined by IIS - isset returns 1 even when blank
        // Under some configs, IIS makes SCRIPT_NAME point to php.exe :-(

if ( !( $_SERVER'REQUEST_URI' ] = @$_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] ) ) {

$_SERVER'REQUEST_URI' ] = $_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'];
        }
        if ( isset( 
$_SERVER'QUERY_STRING' ] ) ) {

$_SERVER'REQUEST_URI' ] .= '?' $_SERVER'QUERY_STRING' ];
        }
    }

Good luck!

Login

Who's Online

221 user(s) are online (161 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 221

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits