cplus
I need your experience
  • 2005/4/7 2:29

• cplus

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/2 2

I would like some help with some of the XOOPS modules, so I appreciate if you share your experience/knowledge..

first thing : Im looking for the best news module clone, is there any ready modules for that?

second thing : is it possible to have like 2 XOOPS inside one? for example to have two sections of the site with the same modules for each one alone and each has it's own blocks.. I have two different projects but instead of installing 2 XOOPS wich requires 2 registrations that way I have both on the same site

thanks

brash
Re: I need your experience
  • 2005/4/7 2:37

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

My experience is that in most cases people clone modules just to get extra main menu items. It would be better if the main menu was a bit more flexible, but cloning modules to do this is a very long way around the problem.

As for two XOOPS sites off one install, do a search for the multisite hack by bd_cmsc. I don't think he ever got it perfected, but I beleive it is functional for the most part.

m0nty
  • 2005/4/7 2:38

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

there's various news modules..

you could try news 1.3 or AMS 2.41 or WF-Sections

you can find news 1.3 onhttp://dev.xoops.org

AMS 2.41 can be found over at www.it-hq.org

and wf-sections can be found over athttp://www.wf-projects.com

your second question isn't so easy to implement as it requires multisite functionality which is still experimental at the moment and isn't for production use.. it also requires a bit of knowledge and probably not something for beginners to tackle..

the next XOOPS version i believe *may* have multisite support i'm not certain as yet tho..

m0nty
  • 2005/4/7 2:40

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

you can find the multisites hack by bd_csmc over at sourceforge, but it's a complete hack of XOOPS 2.0.7.3 and not the current version..

however mithrandir has an updated version based on bd_csmc's hack for XOOPS 2.0.9.2 but again these are both experimental..

*EDIT*
bd_csmc multisites is over athttp://sourceforge.net/projects/xoops2be/

it's only available via cvs tho there..

Mithrandir's version is probably the best option to go for.. if u search for it you'll find it..

cplus
  • 2005/4/7 16:25

• cplus

• Just popping in

Alright thank you both for your help, really appreciated.. one last thing in all of the news scripts u named is it possible to put the headlines on the main of the original news module that comes with xoops?

cplus
  • 2005/4/7 17:33

• cplus

• Just popping in

m0nty I tried news 1.3 but when trying to install it gives me : Unable to install news. Error(s):
Module news already exists.

so this doesnt solve the problem of having 2 news modules

cplus
  • 2005/4/12 23:55

• cplus

• Just popping in

never mind im usin ams it's good,

one more thing I need your experience with, my site is going to be a site for models.. Is there any hack that allows me to create profiles and add a few notes and pictures?

Jharis
  • 2005/4/13 3:54

• Jharis

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/13

cplus,
You could try smart partner or smart client. Might be what you're looking for.

don (el paso)

cplus
  • 2005/4/15 3:37

• cplus

• Just popping in

yes those are great the only problem is that they dont have a category! i can add profiles but no categories for each group.. any other suggestions please???

cplus
  • 2005/4/15 17:51

• cplus

• Just popping in

well can anyone give me alink to how to clone modules? i want to clone smartclient.. i looked and searched the site but nothing on here i found?!

Login

Who's Online

216 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 216

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits