Tandy
Koivi Ed: System Wide Possible?
  • 2005/4/12 14:37

• Tandy

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/8/11

Over at this site:

http://worldnewstrust.org

We have dropped in Koivi Editor for use with AMS, which is the backbone of our site and is performing well(although the head person of the site, formerly with UPI, will be getting in touch with the AMS guys with some suggestions from a news professional. Yes, AMS guys, he will be bringing some dosh.)

Koivi is a good bit of coding and definately extends the range of AMS quite nicely. Head Man has used other CMS editors and feels that Koivi is the most full-featured wysiwyg editor he has seen, with the most features enabled and working as expected.

The question is: Is there some way to make Koivi the default editor across the whole site? I ask this because on other sites I administer, I occasionally have to make custom blocks with HTML code in them, for better presentation of the content. The ability to do that in Koivi, as opposed to an external editor(Mozilla Ed, in my case) and cut-and-paste, would be a time saver and may well reveal features that would enhance that process.

TIA.

tzvook
Re: Koivi Ed: System Wide Possible?
  • 2005/4/12 15:45

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

Quote:

The question is: Is there some way to make Koivi the default editor across the whole site?

There is a hack for a wide system Wysiwyg: take a look in here -https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=31122&forum=15&post_id=149239#forumpost149239
just note that there are some fields here and there with no HTML tags alowd and you'll see the HTML as code.

there's probably a simple way to fix it, I still did't found it (when you edit it again you see HTML well, so it means code enter the database, but not presented as should.... hope answere is on it's way)

Tandy
Re: Koivi Ed: System Wide Possible?
  • 2005/4/12 15:55

• Tandy

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/8/11

Well, since this site needs to have a modicum of stability in it, I won't be hacking at files. I do thank you, however.

I was hoping that there was a system-wide, tested and proven drop-in solution.

Frankly, I cannot take the chance of screwing up something royally. Mr. Murphy is a cruel taskmaster and administers his laws severely.

Login

Who's Online

241 user(s) are online (166 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 241

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits