katiem
Remove Log in
  • 2005/3/29 16:43

• katiem

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/28

Hi,

Sorry if this is a really basic question (well actually i've got 2...). I am thinking of removing the log in from my page, but if I do that, how can I still log in as the administrator to make changes - - how can I get to the admin menu?

And secondly, my webpage looks quite different on different people's screens, is there any one fix that should be done for that (ie images come out with a white box for example around it..) or is it because of different settings on different computers?

Thanks in advance for any help on either issue!!

Katie

karedokx
Re: Remove Log in
  • 2005/3/30 15:27

• karedokx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/1 6

others might be able to give you a better approach..

1) you should be able to set the security of the login/register block to only administrator, so it will only be the admin of the site who will see and have access to the block (you can do the access setting in the admin->system admin->groups.

2) on the different appeared between different people: do they use the same browser? anyway, the different should be caused by the template/theme you have been using. will be pretty hard for us to assist if we don't receive further detail for this (what template have been used? etc.)

hope it helps.

katiem
  • 2005/3/30 16:40

• katiem

• Just popping in

Hi,

1. i know where you mean in the groups section, but i just don't know how it will recognize me as webmaster if I can't log in.. I try it with 2 windows open (just so i can always go back and make changes) and when i remove the login from everyone except webmaster, it comes up just as it should without any log in capabilities so I'm unsure as to how to get to the admin section...

2. I'm using image06 theme and now the default template. I was on gooberstar template without even realizing it (must have been something i uploaded at the very beginning..) so now i've switched back (it didn't make any changes on my screen) so i'm hoping that will be enough for now to make it appear more equal on others computers...

mactoeknee
  • 2005/3/30 18:26

• mactoeknee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/26

very simple solution-- and not a bad idea if you don't intend on having registered users---

go to Groups click to modify"anonymous users" and uncheck the "Login" checkbox in the "Block Access Rights" section. Then click to "Update Group".

Return to your site and log out. The login box should not show up. To get to it, go to www.[yoursite.com]/user.php and you'll see the login fields. You may wish to bookmark that page for easy access.

Very simple, very easy.

Mac T

katiem
  • 2005/3/30 19:59

• katiem

• Just popping in

THank you very much!!!

Login

Who's Online

550 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 550

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits