prophecy100
Moving Xoops to another server

Hi all

I am currently in the process of moving my XOOPS powered website from one web host to another. I have made a copy of the database and web pages themselves and installed onto the new server, after modifing mainfile.php all seems to be working well.

I am only having one problem, I cannot install or uninstall a module, whenever I try I get message saying "Could not install <module name>" or "Could not delete <module name>" and cannot write to main menu. I don't use the main menu block as I use a custom one.

I think this is probably a permissions thing but can't see where they are set wrong, I have made templates_c, cache, and uploads full writable (unix permission 777) but still can't change modules.

Anyone know where this might be going wrong and what I need to change? Thanks

Jonathan

jdseymour
Re: Moving Xoops to another server

See this Faq Page.

Make sure also that you empty any contents of your template_c and cache folder from your old server usage.

jdseymour

Let me ask what module? If it is a specific module that you are having a problem with.

prophecy100

That got it, thanks everyone for your fast responses.

Much appreciated.

prophecy100

I've just been fiddling around with it a bit more and i've just realised what was causing the problem.

The problem is being caused by the personal firewall running on my PC. I use Kerio Personal Firewall. When the firewall is running I cannot activate, deactivate, install, or uninstall modules. There are possibly other problems I didn't find. When the firewall is deactivated all works normally.

Just curious, anyone know what causes this?

Thanks.

Jonathan

jdseymour

Your firewall is blocking referer information to your Xoops.

Login

Who's Online

143 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 143

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits