bigphilwas
Xoops loss of all information
  • 2005/3/23 8:29

• bigphilwas

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/23

I had installed XOOPS 2 days ago. I got it all set up configured installed a few mods, then my forums would not update. It took up to 20 min from them to show posts unless i actually updated the mod from the admin secion. So i deleted the datase, thinking it was a database problem then reinstalled. After getting it all set up again, i go to the web page and it is a base install of xoops. I check the shell, everything is there fine, just lost all information but the admin login(which was set up via fantastico). So i deleted database and installed again. Same thing happens. What am i doing wrong and how can i fix it?

Thanks in advance,
Phil
www.dim-side.net

JasonMR
Re: Xoops loss of all information
  • 2005/3/23 8:45

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

You've deleted the database! That's your problem

Or did you only delete the db-table of newbb?

From your description, it sounds as if you deleted the complete database, which contains all the info (which mods are installed, config, users, etc...).

Only the location of the DB, the DB user name, and password are stored in a file (mainfile.php)

You will have to start completely from the beginning, as I see it. And you have lost all information entered! The only chance of recovery is if you have made a backup previously.

BTW: with many hosting services you will experience slow service, as multiple sites run on the same system. I'm talking from experience.

bigphilwas
  • 2005/3/23 8:56

• bigphilwas

• Just popping in

No, i deleted the database AFTER i went to the site and it was a base install of Xoops. I deleted it so i could start fesh(get rid of all problems). And it went from being instant to taking 20-30min in a matter of seconds. Then after the new install it was fine.

I installed a copy of phpNuke to see if it was a problem with the databases in general, but so far no problems at all. It seems that something in XOOPS is causing it to forgot all of its preferences. Its like im forgetting to save a word document before i close word.

bigphilwas
  • 2005/3/23 9:21

• bigphilwas

• Just popping in

Problem soved! Thanks for all the help

McNaz
  • 2005/3/23 11:33

• McNaz

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/21

Quote:
It seems that something in XOOPS is causing it to forgot all of its preferences. Its like im forgetting to save a word document before i close word.

Incredibly highly unlikely!

m0nty
  • 2005/3/23 11:55

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

Quote:

Problem soved! Thanks for all the help

what was the solution? curious in case others have similar problems in future..

JasonMR
  • 2005/3/23 12:13

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

The problem wasn't formulated accuretly, and it turned out to be a blanc-page error!

Individual was then directed to FAQ page.

Login

Who's Online

206 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 206

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits