Winterhawk
Upgrading a xoops 1.3.10 site to current version
  • 2005/3/22 5:45

• Winterhawk

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/22

We are trying to upgrade a site running on XOOPS 1.3.10 to the current version of xoops.
I have looked around to try to find an upgrade patch to get XOOPS from 1.3.10 to 2.0.3 but there does not seem to be one. Once I get it to 2.0.3 I can use the patches located in the core download section to upgrade to the current version. Does anyone know were I might be able to find an upgrade patch for XOOPS 1.3.10 to 2. *?
Our only other option would be to try to hack the database to make it compatible with the current version of XOOPS and then move the data over. Has anyone successfully done this?

Thank you

Bender
Re: Upgrading a xoops 1.3.10 site to current version
  • 2005/3/22 6:07

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Winterhawk
Re: Upgrading a xoops 1.3.10 site to current version
  • 2005/3/22 17:09

• Winterhawk

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/22

Thanks, we will give it a try.
We have a test site set up, so we will give it a try there first. We were worried that we would lose our members and other data doing an upgrade, hopefully that will not be the case.
Thanks again, We will let you know if this works.

brick
Re: Upgrading a xoops 1.3.10 site to current version.
  • 2005/3/27 9:05

• brick

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/27

I am working with Winterhawk on this one.
We have successfully recreated the site on another host in the root (public/www) directory and it is running fine.

The object of the exercise is to update the DB tables to work with the latest version of xoops.

I have tried to upgrade as per the instructions in the link Bender provided (thanks Bender!) Where its told that the install process will upgrade the database tables automatically. -Benders link-
What I'm getting however is an error exactly like the one in this thread: Tables for XOOPS2 already exist in your database

This is my first pass at this... Has anybody any insight on the upgrade path we are attempting?

brick
Re: Upgrading a xoops 1.3.10 site to current version.
  • 2005/3/29 6:08

• brick

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/27

OK, I think I'm spinning my wheels trying to get that magical upgrade to work. cuz' its not working and I've not seen any other threads that suggest such a thing is possible.

To get from 1.3.10 to the latest version anybody?

Magic upgrade VS. elbow grease... Whats the bottom line consensus?

Login

Who's Online

137 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 137

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits