bluenova
help with migration

Hello I've just moved my site from a testing site, to where it is going to be live (hopefully). But all I get now is the white screen (I've seen the white screen faq)
I've copyed the file structure and the database over to the new site. The only thing I did differntly, was there were 3 tables in the database that gave an error because of this line

KEY searchtitlehometext40 ) , bodytext40 ) )

not having the (40) in the old server for some reason, so I added (40) and it uploaded the sql ok. This is in ****_bb_posts ****_bb_posts_text and ****_stories

Every thing else is the same and I have tryed all possibilities to get into debug mode, but am unable to get debug to run and unable to access admin.

mainfile.php has been updated to reflect the new database and file locations (both physical and virtual)
cache, uploads, templates_c and mainfile.php have the correct file attributes.

Can any body help

jdseymour
Re: help with migration

First make sure that your template_c and cache folders are empty of any files from your old installation. If the files remain may still use old urls.

Once empty try again. If that dosn't work you would need to use PHPmyadmin or equivalent to turn on PHP debug. Go into the database find the config table, click on browse, find debug_mode click on the pencil icon, and change the value of conf_value to 1.

HTH.

Login

Who's Online

147 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 147

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits