darnellsmith
stupid Question ....

I have just started using the CMS systems and after looking at the structure, I thought that the theme.html file of the theme I have chosen to use would be all I needed to modify to change simple things. The things I am trying to change are in this case the words for some of the links because they are in the wronge languge. I just wanted them to be in english. I made the changes in a text editor like notepad and saved the html file, but nothing changed. This works on some themes, but not on others. What am I doing wrong on the ones that don't work?

Puzzled,

Darnell Smith

ackbarr
Re: stupid Question ....

the smarty template layer keeps cached copies of your theme files, so if you make a change and do not see any updates on your site you can clear all the files from the templates_c folder to force smarty to regenerate all templates.

To prevent this issue from occuring at all, turn on "Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?" while making any theme changes, as this forces smarty to regenerate its cache whenever it determines the file has changed.

darnellsmith
Re: stupid Question ....

Thank you so very much for the fast responce to my issues. That works great and I told you it was a dumn question.

Thanks so much.

Login

Who's Online

172 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 172

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits