Xtracted
Page not working at nighttime.. weird problem..
  • 2005/3/10 0:01

• Xtracted

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/1/7 2

Well, as the subject says.. My XOOPS site doesnt work well during nighttime..

I dont know between what time, but during night (I live in +1 gmt zone, western europe standard time) my page stops working..

You can usually access the page but it takes ages and when you get it to load, you cant log in.. you can get the login transfer screen sometimes but thats it..

The weird thing is that I cant think that its my web hotel since I have several other sites running XOOPS on the same web hotel and they work fine..

Also, this doesnt happen always.. sometimes it works fine, but mostly it doesnt.. I have a friend that stops working at 2 in the night and he can usually never log on to the page when he gets home from work.. *usually*....

I run the latest version of XOOPS btw..

Where should I start looking for a solution? I am lost.. =P

jdseymour
Re: Page not working at nighttime.. weird problem..

Check with your webhost and see if they do a full backup at night. The backup operation can really slow down MySQL. If it is a shared server they will be backing up all users and can take quite some time.

HTH.

Xtracted
  • 2005/3/10 5:36

• Xtracted

• Not too shy to talk

I was thinking something like that, but that should affect my other pages that I have hosted at the same company as well.. But they work like a charm..

m0nty
  • 2005/3/10 8:06

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

can't think what to say.. unless you're with 1&1 or one&one

i had a similarish problem when i was with them.. at night the site would nearly come to a standstill.. never found a reason for it either..

and if you're with servercities.com then that's your problem.. i have my test server with them and by hell they are slow and rubbish.. either the site is down or really slow, or the site works good but then ftp just hangs and keeps timing out so that prevents me updating.. lol i can't wait till i got the ££ to move to a better host.. but i never intended stayin with server cities when i went live with my website.. i only use them because i was given the account for free to do test sites with..

jdseymour

Quote:

Xtracted wrote:
I was thinking something like that, but that should affect my other pages that I have hosted at the same company as well.. But they work like a charm..

That depends if your other sites are on the exact same server or not. Web host usually have multiple servers. You can usually tell if any of your other sites are on the same server by the server host name, or ask your provider.

Xtracted
  • 2005/3/13 0:50

• Xtracted

• Not too shy to talk

Now I get the:

This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.

If you are the administrator of this site, please visit the XOOPS Troubleshooting Page for assistance.

Error [Xoops]: Unable to connect to database in file class/database/databasefactory.php line 34

Gonna check with my web hotel.. its a swedish company and its usually very fast and reliable..

Login

Who's Online

118 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 118

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits