Lutalo
Organizing the front page
  • 2005/3/11 18:47

• Lutalo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/10

I have news as my starting module and whenever I put blocks on the page they always appear above news, no matter what weight I give them.

I'd like to have news at the top. But what would be really cool is if I can have news at top center left and some blocks at top center right and a couple more blocks below news.

I did try searching for an answer but had no results so if this is a repeated question.. sorry.

exbanious
Re: Organizing the front page
  • 2005/3/11 19:50

• exbanious

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/5/30

you have to edit your theme template.
what theme are you using?

Look here for information on how themes work.

Lutalo
  • 2005/3/11 21:10

• Lutalo

• Just popping in

I"m using the default template with a modded stylesheet. Which reminds me... what template file deals with the top page? I couldnt find it.

exbanious
  • 2005/3/11 23:38

• exbanious

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/5/30

the file you are looking for is "themes\default\theme.html"

Lutalo
  • 2005/3/12 17:03

• Lutalo

• Just popping in

Ok I think I got the hang of this....

Whenever I hacked \themes\default\theme.html I got zero results. When I hacked the compiled template I got results. So I experimented. I deleted all my compiled templates and reloaded my page and I noticed that the server re-created them.

SO before I do something reaklessly is it OK to change *\themes\default\theme.php and then delete the compiled templates and then reload it? Like is this how you are suppose to change the theme? Cuz my thinking is that the server automatically fetches the pre-compiled template and thats why I wouldnt see results even when I deleted \themes\default\theme.html

On another note.. I dont mean to disrespect the hard work that has gone into this project but the documentation was almost useless for this problem and the only lead I found to solve this problem was by searching the forum and reading a thread where someone wanted to put center-center below center-right and center-left.

Mithrandir

Ive modified my theme, but why cant I see the changes? (FAQ in Themes- Styles and Templates category)

Usually only first step is necessary for me

brits
  • 2005/3/13 12:20

• brits

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/1 1

goto /public_html/templates_c and delete all content/files

Login

Who's Online

183 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 183

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits