tzvook
Re: [myEDITO] A user homepage version for test
  • 2005/3/1 14:30

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

Quote:

solo71 wrote:
@ tzvook : Do you mean having as main index page (main link in the menu) an index with all the authors, and then a sublink with all the myEditos?

I meant that the frontal module page should include the Homepages list (now it's called "Authers" and can be found @ the menu) - means that that is the real Homepages list... then when you enter the Authers pages you find his "editos" ... I think this logic is clearer when you deal with "homepages"

Quote:

How are we going to handle the "moderation mod"?
So far this function just creat an offline myEdito for which only the admin has right to active or not the page. So, if the page won't display anywhere (except for the author who still have the possiblity to edit it), that means in the other hand that the page is still available with a direct link (respectin groups access rights, of course).

What sould we do :
1) Discard the moderation option? Moderation is useless for this kind of module. Admin still have the possibility to edit any custom page.

2) Only the very first author's myEdito is moderated. If validated the user has the possibility to update or create new page without any restriction?

3) Each and every created or edited myEdito must be validated by admin. Any edited page is set back offline and thus unavailable. Which, in my opinion, is not in the spirit of this module...

This is certainly a point to think of...
but I think that each author is asking for "a homepage" ... and admin see who he is and what was his first edito all about, then with the granted permiitions, the author can send/connect more editos to his "homepage"
(this one is connected to the above paragraph talking about structure by "homepage") ...
One thing is really clear I think - as you said - the 3rd option is against the "spirit" of this module.

solo71
  • 2005/3/1 15:10

• solo71

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/1/29

Ok, I see what you mean. The "homepage" dimension is interesting. I'll work the moduel that way.

Regarding the "moderation" option, I'll develop it as said in the point 2. which sounds to me a very good compromise.

solo71
  • 2005/3/1 18:17

• solo71

• Module Developer

Here you are : myEdito 0.6

Test and let me know.

astaldaran
  • 2005/3/1 21:22

• astaldaran

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/9 1

Also could you make it so that the admin can set it so that when a user makes a new edito it shows him some text written by the admin that he has to agree to such as a guidelines and warnings...

solo71
  • 2005/3/1 22:23

• solo71

• Module Developer

Brilliant idea !

tzvook
  • 2005/3/2 8:52

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

Hi Solo
Great additions
Don't you want to release it "officialy" ?
I think it's good already for a first release
no problem to connect the XOOPS search to it ... and try to see if the "alphabetic sorting will work better here (I will do it gladely if you want me to).

Two more thing would be great:

1. Automatic creation of user directories inside the Images upload directory (so that users won't get other's images, just their own) ... maybe even in future releases an admin limit for user's images directory.

2. An option to choose between the "user picture" from it's profile to a custom one.

Hope all those ideas and features requests don't bother you too much, my misrable head keeps always run forward ... like a curse sometimes ... won't stop even @ nights ...

irmtfan
  • 2005/3/2 9:20

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

congradulations solo for such a great and powerful module. i really surprised when i see this topic.
i have an idea for use this module as a weblog/homepage module.i think this module can combine all needs for haveing personall contents.
just the main problem is about create subdomain for every user or something like that. is this possible anyway?
what is your thoughts?

carnuke
  • 2005/3/2 11:16

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Solo, sorry Ive lost some speed with testing on these versions, I've had some other things to attend to.

I am amazed how fast and effectively this project is developing, thanks to some great ideas here.

Richard

solo71
  • 2005/3/2 11:32

• solo71

• Module Developer

Thank you all for your comments.

Indeedly, I'm not willing to add more features so far (even thought the picutre directory, etc. was in my mind already).

All I need now is some irl testing with my myEdito test site and see how settings are resisting to a larger amount of content/authors.

I have spotted some little bugs (admin links not displaying at the right conditions) and I think I could release it as a first version.

Still need to produce little user guide as well... (*cough*arnuk*cough*)

Stick around, it's not over yet.

carnuke
  • 2005/3/2 11:39

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Look, I really like this module and want to support this Ill DL the latest version and get up to speed. AFAIK the most important requirement on the docs side is getting the admin pages well understood. Ill see waht I can do solo

Login

Who's Online

154 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 154

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits