Yamaha
For News 1.3: How to replace Attached File in place of Topic Image?
  • 2005/2/25 20:32

• Yamaha

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/25

I m wondering how can we make an attached file (let say a story image) to replace the Topic Image because the Topic Image doesn't do any good. Well if we do this then I also need file attachment as well. So basically a story should have a story image instead of one dead Topic Image showing everywhere in the news page and a file attachment (keep this).

I m playing w/ the news template and could NOT figure out. Please help

hervet
Re: For News 1.3: How to replace Attached File in place of Topic Image?
  • 2005/3/1 18:50

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Hi,

You can add pictures to news with the image manager. Just place pictures at the first position of the news.

Bye,
Hervé

cookie
Re: For News 1.3: How to replace Attached File in place of Topic Image?
  • 2006/2/8 16:58

• cookie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/25

I'm a bit confused here about the news module that comes with the XOOPS distribution, the news 1.3, 1.4, 1.44 modules, and the spotlight module.

Does what you describe (placing an image at the beginning of a news sotry) require that news 1.3 or 1.4 or 1.44 be downloaded and installed? I'm using the news module that comes with the 2.0.13.1.

Secondly, this would be great if I could place an image at the beginning of a news story and an Icon created from that first image.

Does this in anyway work towards spotlighting?

I've read threads regarding the spotlight module.

What I want is for my "home" page to have the most recent news articles with a little icon (image file) that is relevant either to the category of the news item or relevant to the specific story itself.

Do I need news 1.44 AND the spotlight module to accomplish this? I don't have alot of categories, and am not picky about having spotlight pull from several different modules, only the news module.

I'd like the last 3 or 4 stories to be displayed with an icon, and a bit of text, and then a list of older news stories below that with links to the full story.

Thanks in advance for straightening me out.

cookie
news versus spotlight
  • 2006/3/7 18:17

• cookie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/25

Quote:

cookie wrote:
I'm a bit confused here about the news module that comes with the XOOPS distribution, the news 1.3, 1.4, 1.44 modules, and the spotlight module.

Does what you describe (placing an image at the beginning of a news sotry) require that news 1.3 or 1.4 or 1.44 be downloaded and installed? I'm using the news module that comes with the 2.0.13.1.

Secondly, this would be great if I could place an image at the beginning of a news story and an Icon created from that first image.

Does this in anyway work towards spotlighting?

I've read threads regarding the spotlight module.

What I want is for my "home" page to have the most recent news articles with a little icon (image file) that is relevant either to the category of the news item or relevant to the specific story itself.

Do I need news 1.44 AND the spotlight module to accomplish this? I don't have alot of categories, and am not picky about having spotlight pull from several different modules, only the news module.

I'd like the last 3 or 4 stories to be displayed with an icon, and a bit of text, and then a list of older news stories below that with links to the full story.

Thanks in advance for straightening me out.

Hi, I thought I'd repost these questions with a different topic name to see if anyone can answer the questions.

Login

Who's Online

255 user(s) are online (171 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 255

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits