21
Arowana
Re: xRoster 1.0 Does anyone know where I can get this module?
  • 2005/2/18 3:00

  • Arowana

  • Friend of XOOPS

  • Posts: 323

  • Since: 2004/8/6 2


I added this to the repository and I saw it one day and now it is gone, can anyone tell me why?

Also Version 2.0 is coming out this weekend (hopefully)

22
Bassman
Re: xRoster 1.0 Does anyone know where I can get this module?
  • 2005/2/18 3:32

  • Bassman

  • Friend of XOOPS

  • Posts: 1272

  • Since: 2003/5/23


it's still there. It's just suffering from the dreaded affliction of some new additions to the repository and themes library - visible to anonymous and webmasters, but not to registered users. It seems to happen to quite a few new submissions, I don't know why they can't fix it.

23
ackbarr
Re: xRoster 1.0 Does anyone know where I can get this module?

it's not "fixed" because the problem is not paying attention when approving a submission and setting its group permissions properly.

* xRoster is now setup properly.

24
Arowana
Re: xRoster 1.0 Does anyone know where I can get this module?
  • 2005/2/18 14:05

  • Arowana

  • Friend of XOOPS

  • Posts: 323

  • Since: 2004/8/6 2


Ok now second question. How do I update it because the one everyone is downloading from your storage area has errors on it? Also Version 2.0 SHOULD be out this weekend.

Thanks

25
RachelVirago
Re: xRoster 1.0 Does anyone know where I can get this module?

I think it's the php tag and comments in an sql file (shouldn't be there), not sure which file, my girlfriend fixed it for me. Will get back to you after I speak to her if no one else replies first.

26
doors
Re: xRoster 1.0
  • 2005/2/24 5:06

  • doors

  • Just popping in

  • Posts: 2

  • Since: 2005/1/29


Hi.. I've been trying to modify xroster for my site, and finding that when I change what's in the admin/index.php (from 'primary weapon' to 'musical style' for example), the changes are not showing up when I reupload and refresh. In searching around the net I found this info...

The issue is with Register Globals set to OFF. right now the module depends on Register Globals set to ON in your PHP configuration. Full thread can be found at http://www.hyperpod.net/modules/newbb ... 15&post_id=21#forumpost21

That post is dated as January 9th, so i don't know if it's still relevant to the problem??

Anyone with more information?

27
Arowana
Re: xRoster 1.0
  • 2005/2/24 18:33

  • Arowana

  • Friend of XOOPS

  • Posts: 323

  • Since: 2004/8/6 2


Daniel was the original programmer for this project that I funded. He has since release the code for free. It was my plan to release it for free but I wanted all the bugs worked out of it before we released it.

There were so many bugs I have had to learn php / XOOPS myself and along with another programmer have recoded xRoster to come out with version 2.0. Right now it is in the beta stage and the testing should be completed this weekend. I am looking for a release day of this Monday PST (-8 GMT)

I think if you wait to get it then it will be well worth it in the long run as version 1.0's coding was very buggy and was never completed / fix as promised.

Thanks for your understanding

28
hyperpod
Re: xRoster 1.0
  • 2005/2/24 19:48

  • hyperpod

  • Quite a regular

  • Posts: 359

  • Since: 2004/10/4


bullshit Arowana.

I never released any xRoster code. But I plan to release something better than xRoster, that isnt so geared to gaming clans like your is.

I coded it for you and you fucked up the code and are trying to discredit me any way you can, for no good reason.

You didnt even want to release it, your trying to get donations before releasing it... and you have mishandled the whole thing. (msg board posts back this up)



You have also taken my credits out of this GPL source code. Not a good thing. GNU has a report line for this... But if you are gunna keep releasing bad modules, then Im glad my name isnt on it.

It was a real mistake getting tangled up with you. Big regrets.

You really need to stop spreading misinformation.

I getting tired of it.

Dont make me......

29
Arowana
Re: xRoster 1.0
  • 2005/2/24 20:39

  • Arowana

  • Friend of XOOPS

  • Posts: 323

  • Since: 2004/8/6 2


First this is not a pissing match between you and I you seem to be pissing on yourself pretty good without my help.

Second, you did release it only you called it members list, as you stated other forums posts will confirm this.

Third I have the code for both still and both xRoster and your released Members List had the same bugs, would you care to test them?

Fourth you and I had a deal that you did not live up to. I even gave you more time and it never got done but you got your money.

Fifth I tried to work with you again and I offered to pay you even more money to fix and add on to the module.

Sixth It shows here how you treat people and why xRoster 1.0 was never right / fixed because when I worked with you all you did was get upset and swear at me over the phone.

Seventh due to your wierd way of thinking and your wording over the phone you thought could release it when i told you I did not want it release from the beginning before you even started working on it.

Eighth you took the job on knowing that I wanted sole rights to, and I had planned to take donations for it's usage to help cover some of the $300.00 you got paid for deving this module for ME.

Ninth I have since moved on with another programmer that has fixed the bugs, added a whole bunch more features to it, and knows how to show respect even if there is a few misunderstandings along the way.

Tenth your name was removed from the credits because we never agreed that you could put them in there. Since I hired you to program this module for my usage only it has and always will belong to, well the gaming clan I donated it too.

Eleventh and final, go ahead and release your version of whatever you going to call it. I am glad yours is not focused on online gaming, because if you would see all the coding we added to xRoster 2.0 you would know it is more univerisal then ever. Just like i asked you to program it for but as you stated you programed it and you were responsible for what is focused on.

Goodluck to you Daniel Hall

Arowana
www.Arowana.us

30
hyperpod
Re: xRoster 1.0
  • 2005/2/24 21:15

  • hyperpod

  • Quite a regular

  • Posts: 359

  • Since: 2004/10/4


Quote:
First this is not a pissing match between you and I you seem to be pissing on yourself pretty good without my help.


You are the one who brought my name into this thread with derogatory comments, then when i defend myself, this is what you say? wow

Quote:
Second, you did release it only you called it members list, as you stated other forums posts will confirm this.
Link Please to any released files? I was gunna release it after you would not. so that bugs could be found by the community, like most other projects. I took it down out of respect for your efforts.


Quote:
Third I have the code for both still and both xRoster and your released Members List had the same bugs, would you care to test them?


All modules have bugs... especially the first release. quit trying to make this a reflection of my coding abilities. You released it as 1.0 ... I would have called it 0.6 myself.

Quote:
Fourth you and I had a deal that you did not live up to. I even gave you more time and it never got done but you got your money.


Thats why youve been running the module on your sites since i sent you the code.

Get it straight, you cancelled payment after I sent you code (lesson to anyone doing work for Arowana, dont send the code untill payment is secured, side note PayPal doesnt provide seller protection to items that cannot be shipped, so ship the code on a cd so they can accept the package.. One thing I did learn from all this, hope it helps someone.)

Quote:
Fifth I tried to work with you again and I offered to pay you even more money to fix and add on to the module.


Yeah and i even entertained it (not sure why), and you never returned a reply. Go figure. Your account is not accurate.

Quote:
Sixth It shows here how you treat people and why xRoster 1.0 was never right / fixed because when I worked with you all you did was get upset and swear at me over the phone.


Treat people? I have no problems with anyone else. Im only attacking you after you bring up my name with derogatory comments, which you didnt have to do, but i can see you cant help it.

Quote:
Seventh due to your wierd way of thinking and your wording over the phone you thought could release it when i told you I did not want it release from the beginning before you even started working on it.


What? I was very cordial to you on the phone except when you cancelled payment after receiving the code. You finally gave in and reversed the issue with PayPal, for me.

Quote:
Eighth you took the job on knowing that I wanted sole rights to, and I had planned to take donations for it's usage to help cover some of the $300.00 you got paid for deving this module for ME.


Sole rights? you cannot have sole rights to GPL code.
You only paid for my time to put the module together for your needs. Get it straight, and quit threatening me with your lawyers. (email proof for anyone who needs it)

You can take donations all you want, your methods of doing it need improvement, in my honest opinion.

Quote:
Ninth I have since moved on with another programmer that has fixed the bugs, added a whole bunch more features to it, and knows how to show respect even if there is a few misunderstandings along the way.


Great, hope things work out for you. I quit working for you as soon as i noticed you were too rabid for me. wanting lame features that werent needed by most. So i finished off what you paid for and moved on. You are still holding a grudge MR Arowana.

If you learned PHP and have another programmer, why arent the bugs fixed yet? Im very curious about that. cuz the bugs were easy to fix. Like register globals OFF support.

Quote:
Tenth your name was removed from the credits because we never agreed that you could put them in there. Since I hired you to program this module for my usage only it has and always will belong to, well the gaming clan I donated it too.


Wow, still makin stuff up. When coding something, I always put my name inside the credits when i author a module. This was not something that was discussed, as you say. I included your name since you chartered the project.
Lets see if you can release something worthwhile to the community.

I still have the orginal module i sent you. of course it had some bugs... which you discovered long after we stopped working together. Quit twisting reality.


Quote:
Eleventh and final, go ahead and release your version of whatever you going to call it. I am glad yours is not focused on online gaming, because if you would see all the coding we added to xRoster 2.0 you would know it is more univerisal then ever. Just like i asked you to program it for but as you stated you programed it and you were responsible for what is focused on.



I may just do that. I see there is a need for this type of module. If anyone has any feedback about the kind of roster they need, start up a module requests thread, and maybe together we can all make a good module for the community, by the community.


You really need to stop Arowana... These kind of posts are no fun for the community to read. You stirred this up yet again, im just here to put the fire out.


Arowana: We already caught you signing up fake users a few months ago. Then posting against me to make it look like several people are having problems with me. You were caught red handed. You are the only one I have a problem with.

You need to stop this crap now.

------

Login

Username:
Password:

Lost Password? Register now!

Who's Online

58 user(s) are online (39 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)


Members: 0


Guests: 58


more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits