joeshmoe554
NewBB is frusturating
  • 2005/2/21 21:02

• joeshmoe554

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/20

I was having problems with version 1 of newbb, some of the posts were being marked as unread no matter how many times you read them. I upgraded to newbb 2.0.2 and these are the new problems

Problem #1. All of the posts are being marked as read. I've tried using the dropdown menu to mark all of them as unread and it does nothing.

Problem #2. It's very slow

Any ideas on how to fix these, or perhaps move the forum to phpbb and implement that into xoops

brash
Re: NewBB is frusturating
  • 2005/2/21 23:00

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

The issue of posts not being marked as read seems to have already being submitted as a bug on dev.xoops.org. As for performnace you might like to have a read of this article I created comparing NewBB 1 to NewBB 2. There are quite a few things you can do to tweak NewBB 2 into performing better. Phpbb is of course another option, but one that will present you with a constant upgrade challenge for each new XOOPS release (depending on the level of intergration you're after).

123Testing
  • 2005/2/23 6:41

• 123Testing

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/3 1

Quote:

brash wrote:
Phpbb is of course another option, but one that will present you with a constant upgrade challenge for each new XOOPS release (depending on the level of intergration you're after).

(hmmm... this might be the asnwer to the read new prob...)
Hi brash, is the integration of phpBB into XOOPS complete? By that I mean are there any login/stats/etc. issues with using them togther?
Thanks for any info you can share.

joeshmoe554
  • 2005/2/24 3:07

• joeshmoe554

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/20

It appears that the read problem has fixed itself, I like it when things do that. The current problem people are complaining about is that the edit button on posts are disappearing. This doesn't happen for admins but it does for everyone else. Any way to stop this?

ackbarr

In the newbb module preferences, modify the value for "Time limit for edit a post". If set to '0', the time limit is disabled completely.

Login

Who's Online

248 user(s) are online (151 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 248

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits