Jyotirmaya
Can Xoops run with MS SQL server?
  • 2005/2/11 9:11

• Jyotirmaya

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/2/10

I am looking at developing a community site for a charity and trying to integrate somehow with their existing SQL server (2000)/AD 2003 setup. (not my doing, I promise)

Can XOOPS run with a SQL server database or does it have to me MySQL?
Does the database have to be running on the localhost or can it be on a separate server, linked by (say) ODBC?

Mithrandir
Re: Can Xoops run with MS SQL server?

Currently, XOOPS only supports MySQL - but the database server can be on any IP as long as it is accessible from the webserver.

Jyotirmaya
  • 2005/2/11 15:05

• Jyotirmaya

• Not too shy to talk

thanks Tharkûn. I read something about some development for SQL server - on one of the forums, is that still going ahead??

DonXoop

I'm sure it could be done but I for one have not followed that thread.

You mention a charity org, why use MS when the supported backend can all be run on free server apps?

I'm no fan of MS and have no desire to learn more than I do. Big job with limited needs for any hosted sites.

BTW, you can easily install MySQL on an existing MS server that also runs the MS SQL server. MySQL isn't a pig and is happy alongside other servers.

.02c

hervet
  • 2005/2/11 16:19

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Hi,

A french Xoopser has made it. On a technical point of view he was really able to use it but the problems were coming from the modules with for example, the use of automatic Ids.

Bye,
Hervé

Jyotirmaya
  • 2005/2/11 22:19

• Jyotirmaya

• Not too shy to talk

The charity gets all the MS products free under the NHS licensing agreement - makes the MS shackles a little more attractive... I still prefer XOOPS over sharepoint though.

I might look into sitting MySQL alongside SQL server and getting the two to talk to each other. Would I need a third piece of software to do that though??

Login

Who's Online

91 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 91

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits