larrymac
Blocks vs. Main Menu
  • 2005/2/10 0:38

• larrymac

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/6 1

As I add modules, I'm placing their contents into Blocks on the Main Page. Specifically, I am speaking of Tiny Content and Edito. They loog good with the added blocks, but they also place a link into the Main Menu, which is redundant and also grants (unwanted) access to the "index" page for each section. Is there a way to get rid of the Main Menu links to modules (apart from hacking the code, which I'm completely clueless about)?

Thanks.

DonXoop
Re: Blocks vs. Main Menu

Just set the order of the module to "0" and it won't show in the menu.

larrymac
  • 2005/2/10 0:50

• larrymac

• Just popping in

You are awesome...sorry I'm such a newbie. Did I miss that somewhere in the documentation? I'd like to cut down on some of the easy questions like that so I can start creating more difficult ones!

DonXoop

It's in the docs. Proly in the FAQ pages to your left. Lots of good eating in there... err, reading.

larrymac
  • 2005/2/10 3:29

• larrymac

• Just popping in

Follow up question:
Can the Main Menu be edited to appear differently for different groups? Specifically, setting the order of the module to "0" keeps it from appearing in the Main Menu, like I wanted, but is it possible to set it up so that it will appear for Webmasters (or some other group)? Here's what I want to do (maybe I'm going about it the wrong way): I want everybody to be able to read articles, but only select people should be able to post/edit them (and I'd just as soon keep the others out of the "index" pages), but I'd like the people who can create them to be able to do so through the site without having to get into the Admin section, where they might wreak havoc.

m0nty
  • 2005/2/10 3:48

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

try multimenu module..

or with news 1.2.1 and ams and wf-sections etc, you can control who can view/post/submit your articles..

Login

Who's Online

216 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 216

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits