larrymac
Groups
  • 2005/2/9 22:56

• larrymac

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/6 1

Is there a way that I can give a group the access to view the articles within a module without giving them the ability to create new ones? I want to make sure that not every miscreant who creates an account can go to town on the website - but I want anybody who stops by to be able to see what we're about. Unfortunately, when I've tried turning off Module Access, it blocks them from accessing the module at all.

Thanks.

Mithrandir
Re: Groups

Depends on the module.

News 1.2 and later versions have view permissions per-topic, so you can set only articles in selected topics to be viewable by e.g. anonymous users.

Similarly with submit permissions.

larrymac
  • 2005/2/10 0:40

• larrymac

• Just popping in

Thanks for the info. Anyone know if they may change that? I'm surprised there aren't more people out there who would want to set it up tht way.

DonXoop

What modules? I haven't used any modules that allowed posting unless I specified that they could. Usually you have to grant posting rights by group, viewing it another setting.

larrymac
  • 2005/2/10 1:00

• larrymac

• Just popping in

Your reply to my other question cleared up most of my issue, however I can still cite the AM Events (v. 0.18) module. I want everybody to be able to view our events, but only webmasters should be posting new ones. I can force people to log in, but any registered user can post - if I take away the module access, then they can't read it.

DonXoop

I don't know that module and if that was true I couldn't use it until it got closer to v1.0. Suggest getting onto the devel site and see what's up. Worst case would be admin approvals for new posts.

Login

Who's Online

121 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 121

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits