Hans_Wurst
Data loss, but database backup avalible
  • 2005/2/6 19:19

• Hans_Wurst

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/6 1

Hi out there, i just lost all my data on the webserver.
I have a database backup avalable.
So I tried to upload the hole system again to the ftp server. I installed the system again, and recovered the database with phpmyadmin, but the site is as clear as after the new install.

Any sugestions, please?

thx
Hans

jdseymour
Re: Data loss, but database backup avalible

You say that you lost your data, then you say that you uploaded everything to the server. So I assume from this that you lost everything, data and files. Is this correct?

If this is a fresh install that you want to restore the data from a previous install you will need to install all modules that you had before, get it just like the old install then restore your data.

If my assumptions are not correct please reply.

HTH.

Hans_Wurst
  • 2005/2/6 22:43

• Hans_Wurst

• Just popping in

I lost all my Data on the Server.
A backup of my database is on my personal HD.

I installed a fresh system 2.73, from the downloaded file of myxoops.org

After that, I installed every modules as it was before, and after that i restored the backuped database via phpmyadmin.

But nothing hapends...

jdseymour

Any errors? How large is your database?

Hans_Wurst
  • 2005/2/7 6:48

• Hans_Wurst

• Just popping in

No errors, everything fine...
Just the blank site, as it should be after a fresh install.

I guess the database is about 150-200 KB, I have 2 outher cms databases(?) within this backup.

jdseymour

Here is what I would do. Of course 200kb is rather small so shouldn't be much trouble.

Log onto phpmyadmin, do an export of the current database with the Add DROP TABLE option. Compression as none, but check to export to file. Once you have this file use this for a template and insert either the Add DROP TABLE option to your backup, I don't like the idea of multiple sites on one backup, or insert the target data into the template. You can do either with your favorite text editor.

Once you have done this rerun the SQL on your database. It should drop existing tables before inserting your tables with data from the backup.

I know this sounds like a lot of work, but once you look at the structure of the template it should not be too hard to understand.

HTH.

Hans_Wurst
  • 2005/2/7 12:14

• Hans_Wurst

• Just popping in

Well, hmm I don´t know how I did it all, but it is as it was before. OK some things like my logo are missing, I´ll reupload them.

thanx, your are the only one who responsed my question!

cu
Hans

Login

Who's Online

409 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 409

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits