khampster
someone hacked into my xoops!
  • 2005/2/5 3:41

• khampster

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/19

They have hacked into my XOOPS and they deleted EVERY member that were signed up on my forums... all of my forum topics are lost..! is there a way to get back on to my xoops??!?!

jdseymour
Re: someone hacked into my xoops!

First check this Faq Page check the database as it says. See if it is working or not and make sure all your data is there.

jdseymour

Next see this Faq Page and learn how to turn debug mode without XOOPS admin access.

And BTW how do you know about forums? I get a blank page when I click to go past your welcome page.

Edit: ahh closed now.

khampster
  • 2005/2/5 8:30

• khampster

• Just popping in

Quote:

jdseymour wrote:
Next see this Faq Page and learn how to turn debug mode without XOOPS admin access.

And BTW how do you know about forums? I get a blank page when I click to go past your welcome page.

Edit: ahh closed now.

okay yea i closed it.. i got a hold of my account by editing the site with phpmanager... i reacted quick to this... i have rite now lost all of my members... and all of the forum posts that are on the site... i checked the database, and the posts are still in there.. and the forum categories. is there a way to recall all of those back up to the site? if there is.. tell me how.. i need to get this forum page back up to speed.... and to the members that are currently on this.. i think they have to re register... :(

Bender
  • 2005/2/5 9:21

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

You have not at least somewhat actual backup?

I´d check with the host for a backup of the database.

If you just have the members re-registered but the posts are still there you will have the biggest mixup of names and postings you have ever seen.

khampster
  • 2005/2/5 10:00

• khampster

• Just popping in

Quote:

Bender wrote:
You have not at least somewhat actual backup?

I´d check with the host for a backup of the database.

If you just have the members re-registered but the posts are still there you will have the biggest mixup of names and postings you have ever seen.

I know for sure that i havent made a back up of the database, because since i have just opened this site with the new XOOPS like 2 weeks ago i just have 70 members that have just signed in... but... everything that is in the site .. the settings and everything seems to be okay.

I know this had been hacked and that jackass went on the admin SN and took down the forum and including my members that are in that site. i have looked in the data base and i see the forum topics and catagories all listed in here... and i know for sure like what bender says, its going to be hell when i get this back up again... so what should i do? just recover the forum back up again, or should i just reset xoops...? if i have to choose, i think the easiest way for me is to reset xoops. But i really hate seeing all of the forum that had been posted to be gone because they are my current events that were posted up. :(

khampster
  • 2005/2/5 10:07

• khampster

• Just popping in

and also i wanted to point out too.. since i refered to say that the hacker deleted ALL of the members... he also deleted MY ADMIN ACCOUNT also. which is REALLY REALLY SAD... now the site is a dead XOOPS with no admin to fix it up.

I need to find a way to get back on the site as a site administrator, and fix this situation... if you guys can offer me any help that can get me back on my feet... i reallly appreciate it!!

http://www.gotriceproductions.net << the site which is dead.

jdseymour

Hi again khamster,

Like bender said check with your host. Most host do a full backup every day of their servers. If they do they can restore your site to the state of their last backup.

Once the site gets restored there are some things that can be done to help prevent this happening in the future.

Login

Who's Online

179 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 179

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits