fbs777
wf-downloads: i can't add files to download, just categories...
  • 2005/1/29 22:56

• fbs777

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/9 4

Im having problems to disponibilize downloads because all files are in another server, so i can't upload to my server, i just want to show the links like downloads, and when someone click on download,

I put the external links in the option to create new download and show a message telling thats ok, but when i go to downloads page dont have any download...

the wf-downloads just accept links in the own serv? I really need to host the files in another serv...

Or is some chmod problem, even if is put an external link?

If is chmod problem, what files/directories i must change and what level of permission (666, 777, etc)?

Tanks

carnuke
Re: wf-downloads: how do i put an external link to download?
  • 2005/1/29 23:36

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

If you make the download file an external web address instead of a file on your server, the page will open instead. I have done this frequently on my wf-downloads module . See See here

I usually link to the downloads page on another site, for really large files that I dont want to hold on my own server.

The problem is that wf downloads can only open links in _self, so using this method takes users offsite unless they use the history back.

I have suggested to the project admins that there is a new option made to open download links in a new page to overcome this offsite roaming problem.

fbs777
Re: wf-downloads: i can't add files to download, just categories...
  • 2005/1/30 0:48

• fbs777

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/9 4

Tanks, now i know there is no problem witch external links, but i cant create new files anyway... I created 9 Categories (1 principal and 8 subcategories). When i try to crete a file in a subcategory appears a page telling the file is now in database, and its all right. But is not: In downloads index is marked 0 downloads in all categories...

I delete the module wf-download and install again the last version (i take it now in oficial site) and dont show any download in categories after i create a file...

I mark the "File Publish Date:", and the file is jpg, and the jpg is allowed in the "Admin File Extensions"...

I dont have more idea how do i can created a file link for download, i can just creat Categories...

Login

Who's Online

101 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 101

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits