DonXoop
Adjusting left column width in newbb2

maybe I'm blind but I can't find in CSS or elsewhere the place to change the left column of newbb2 (the avatar column). With my avatar limit set to 130 px I'd like to make that column more narrow than it is right now.

When in the forum I run a two column screen and still people expect to see a one column but that looses info that I think is valuable. So I might appease them with a few more pixels..

Antoine
Re: Adjusting left column width in newbb2
  • 2005/1/19 18:57

• Antoine

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/14

As far as I can see from the code it's pretty much theme dependant. A regular tag is used and the inclusion of the image is outside of any <DIV CLASS="..."> scope. The only class it indirectly belongs to, due to it's cell, as far as i can see, is "odd", which doesn't influence the width.

Maybe you can edit your theme's style.css and add a class that does what the "odd" class does plus defines a width. Or assign an id to the cell and define whatever you want in there.

Now I am relatively new to XOOPS so I'm not 100% sure it'll work but judging the code the solution should be in that area. E.g. the style.css and the newbb_thread.html files. Feel free to correct me staff

Antoine
Re: Adjusting left column width in newbb2
  • 2005/1/19 18:58

• Antoine

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/14

As far as I can see from the code it's pretty much theme dependant. A regular TR tag is used and the inclusion of the image is outside of any DIV CLASS="..." scope. The only class it indirectly belongs to, due to it's cell, as far as i can see, is "odd", which doesn't influence the width.

Maybe you can edit your theme's style.css and add a class that does what the "odd" class does plus defines a width. Or assign an id to the cell and define whatever you want in there.

Now I am relatively new to XOOPS so I'm not 100% sure it'll work but judging the code the solution should be in that area. E.g. the style.css and the newbb_thread.html files. Feel free to correct me staff

EDIT: excuse my double post. accidents happen.

Login

Who's Online

227 user(s) are online (160 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 227

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits