Mestophales
Groups Permission Issue

I am having trouble with an issue of users not being able to use functions which registered users are allowed. I log off my pc (where it works) and log onto their PC and it doesn't let ME (The God OF My Domain) do it either - anyone else having this issue or know where I am going wrong?????

Dave_L
Re: Groups Permission Issue
  • 2005/1/11 21:38

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Browser Check may be useful here.

Mestophales

Quote:

Dave_L wrote:
Browser Check may be useful here.

Nice little toy you have there.....but nope didn't tell me anything. I am pretty sure this is a bug.

Mithrandir

Ok, we'll just look through functions registered users are allowed to do and see what we come up with.

OR, you could be more specific about things like "functions", "not being able to" and "allowed" - that way we might get further

Mestophales

Quote:

Mithrandir wrote:
Ok, we'll just look through functions registered users are allowed to do and see what we come up with.

OR, you could be more specific about things like "functions", "not being able to" and "allowed" - that way we might get further

Is that a hint of sarcasm I detect? :)

My fault for not being more specific.

Since I have xHelp ticket module installed and set registered members to have module access rights, hell even module admin rights - they are unable.

If I log in as them on MY pc it will let me log a ticket
If they try it from their PC it tells them they do not have access and boots them to the login screen.

Sounds weird I know...so I go to their PC and log in as me (the webmaster god of my domain - no rights are refused to me) and the same thing happens to me.

So my conclusion is there is an IP cache of some sort - maybe a computer name cache.

So I update to 2.0.6 from 2.0.3 and it now lets them open the log ticket form, and when they hit submit it takes them to a blank page, so I type &debug=1 on to the end of the url and still nothing. So obviously I am lost.

So can the white wizard that is Mithrandir show me the enlightened path?

Mestophales

BTW...I chose the "Notify me of new posts in the current thread." for this thread and got a blank page x 5, in the subsequent requests it told me error: forum not selected.

Just FYI

ackbarr

what version of xhelp are you using?
if you turn on PHP Debugging (System->Preferences->General Settings) then try to log a ticket again do you see any errors?

What is the domain for your site?
What is the XOOPS_URL setting in mainfile.php?

Mestophales

Quote:

ackbarr wrote:
what version of xhelp are you using?
if you turn on PHP Debugging (System->Preferences->General Settings) then try to log a ticket again do you see any errors?

What is the domain for your site?
What is the XOOPS_URL setting in mainfile.php?

I suppose that turning on the debug would help <Turns Red>

I can't give you the URL - it is being used as an intranet. Using a Win2k3 server.

I am using xHelp version 7

The error I get is:

Fatal errorCall to a member function on a non-object in d:inetpubwwwrootxoopshtmlheader.php on line 112
Notice 
[PHP]: Undefined indexHTTP_HOST in file d:inetpubwwwrootxoopshtmlincludecommon.php line 234
Notice 
[PHP]: Undefined indexHTTP_USER_AGENT in file d:inetpubwwwrootxoopshtmlincludefunctions.php line 433

The last 2 tell me I haven't disabled anonymous access for those files on the server - which I changed and still got the same error when I had the team member try to log another ticket.

hmmmmmmmm

rowdie
  • 2005/1/13 20:07

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

Sounds like a Firewall issue. Do a search and you'll find plenty of info about it on this site.

Login

Who's Online

147 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 147

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits