cuckston
Remember Me Login
  • 2004/2/16 23:55

• cuckston

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/1/19

I had a look around and couldnt see this request so i thought i might as well try. I would like to see the option where when people login they have the option to either remember them by cookie or to jus stay logged in on that session. This helps because i find at work when people try to access the same site using the same computer that they remain logged in to the previous user.

I hope this makes sence. If there is already a hack out there please tell me but please dont stick a bunch of code down as i'm quite new to this.

Thanks

Stewdio
Re: Remember Me Login
  • 2004/2/17 2:59

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Read this:
http://wiki.xoops.org/wakka.php?wakka=XoopsAutoLoginHack

luis6674
  • 2005/1/4 18:23

• luis6674

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/18

I also think that the remember me feature should be included in Xoops. There are hacks, i know, but they don't seem to work well (I tried with them and they never really work). Besides, they remember you automatically, not as an option that you can choose. If you use a public computer and forget to logout anyone could enter the site with your account. It's more safe to use a remember me check box.

I think it's quite a simple and important feature that all CMS have, and i don't understand why XOOPS doesn't have it. For many users is really a pain having to log in every time they visit the site.

DonXoop

This is one of those contentious issues. Many users insist on having it and many admins shudder at the security issues. Perhaps it should be in the core but with a default of off and a notice of the potential side effects.

Right now I see two threads down another post dealing with the exact same issue. It happens like that most days.. a lot.

Jakle
  • 2005/1/8 22:51

• Jakle

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/25

I would also like to see this feature added to the XOOPS Core.

I am running our clan website and am deciding if I want to move from e107 to Xoops. We have members connecting multiple times a day every day. I'm already getting sick of having to login every time just while I'm setting the site up, never mind regular usage. I wonder how much of an earful I'm going to get when our members realize they're going to have to login every time they want to check the forums. lol

Our server was hacked last month using that phpbb exploit, so security is a concern. I don't want to use the 'Auto Login hack' because the readme.txt states that "This hack is a potential security hole, don't enable it lightly."

I'm not complaining or flaming, I just figured that the more people that say something, the more likely that this feature will be added.

Thanks the XOOPS development team, you guys are doing an excellent job, keep up the good work

Login

Who's Online

130 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 130

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits