scartissue
Installing WF-Sections
  • 2005/1/6 9:45

• scartissue

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/26

Hello!
I have a problem with installing WF-Sections (Version 2.0.7). I have installed once to XOOPS 2.0.7 without any problems.

But I made a new site with XOOPS 2.0.9 and everything works correctly too. But installing WF-Sections aint working. I've uploaded everything from .zip file. Changed CHMOD. I've made new folder named "thumbs" into myxoops/uploads. The problem is that WF-Sections doesnt appear in System Admin/Modules.
Could anyone help? Is there anything else what I should check?
All files are without modifyng from .zip file.
But when I was uploadin WF-Sections via FTP, then I was on System Admin/Modules too and there was "half" "sign/place" made to WF-Sections. But when uploading was done and I made refresh with my browser it disappeared.
I've tried IE6 and Opera 7,5

Cheers, Scartissue

brash
Re: Installing WF-Sections
  • 2005/1/6 9:48

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

I'd check with the guys over at http://www.wf-projects.com to make sure it is compatible with XOOPS 2.0.9.x

rowdie
  • 2005/1/6 10:36

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

I've used it with XOOPS 2.0.9.x without problems. Have you put phpdebug on and does it show any errors?

Rowd

scartissue
  • 2005/1/6 16:43

• scartissue

• Just popping in

phpdebug? no

I tried to install myalbum too and it doesnt appaer in modules administration too

Is there anything what shoulb be done before installing such things?

Some modules are very easy to install and they work correctly (example: Shoutbox 3)

Please help anyone?

EDIT:
PHPdebug:

Fatal errorCannot redeclare WfsArticle::$groupid in /www/data/imudel.pri.ee/www/modules/wfsection/class/wfsarticle.php on line 89

scartissue
  • 2005/1/8 20:26

• scartissue

• Just popping in

I just changed randomly groupid to groupied and it worked (with 3 more such changes) i got WF-Sections installed but i cant do anything in in Admin panel :(
Quote:
Fatal error: Cannot re-assign $this in /www/data/imudel.pri.ee/www/modules/wfsection/class/wfsarticleres.php on line 71 Warning [PHP]: main() [function.main]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/local/php/lib/php/wfs_admin_lang.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/www/data/imudel.pri.ee:/tmp) in file modules/wfsection/language/english/admin.php line 259 Warning [PHP]: main(wfs_admin_lang.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in file modules/wfsection/language/english/admin.php line 259 Warning [PHP]: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'wfs_admin_lang.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php/lib/php') in file modules/wfsection/language/english/admin.php line 259 Warning [PHP]: main() [function.main]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/local/php/lib/php/wfs_icons_lang.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/www/data/imudel.pri.ee:/tmp) in file modules/wfsection/language/english/admin.php line 263 Warning [PHP]: main(wfs_icons_lang.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in file modules/wfsection/language/english/admin.php line 263 Warning [PHP]: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'wfs_icons_lang.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php/lib/php') in file modules/wfsection/language/english/admin.php line 263 Warning [PHP]: main() [function.main]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/local/php/lib/php/wfs_icons_upload.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/www/data/imudel.pri.ee:/tmp) in file modules/wfsection/language/english/admin.php line 267 Warning [PHP]: main(wfs_icons_upload.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in file modules/wfsection/language/english/admin.php line 267 Warning [PHP]: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'wfs_icons_upload.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php/lib/php') in file modules/wfsection/language/english/admin.php line 267

it wants smthng like function.main or function.include? please help , its phpdebug
any kind of support is welcome, also could someone upload their wfsections module files (my /class files appear to be wrong, mostly erroros are there)
scartissue

irmtfan
  • 2005/1/8 20:45

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

sorry for silly question
but could you check language/english folder is exist or not?

jdseymour

I see you chmod.

And are you sure all directories where uploaded successfully?

scartissue
  • 2005/1/8 21:03

• scartissue

• Just popping in

yes it does exist, this is with phpdebug, without it it gaves just blank pages

and if i upload those original wfsection files then all languages are messed up but when i upload my modifed files (just added character "i" to error lines) and language is fine then

are there any alternatives to wf sections, where users culd post an html article, others could rate and comment it

tnx

Bender
  • 2005/1/8 22:19

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Well at first as stated by others here WF-Sections should be installable on that XOOPS version. You are not supposed to need to do any meddling within the files to get it installed.

1. after upload did you have a folder modules/wfsection and the file xoops_version.php was right within that folder? Because if it was not you didn´t get the directory structure right

2. i have seen several cases lately (check our forum lol) where files were incomplete after upload. Hence i would suggest redownload the wf-s archive and upload the files again

3. do a search on this site for "open_basedir restriction" or such and you will find it mostly resolves in server changes, server configuration or wasn´t figured out.

Probably wanna double check mainfile.php, verify your physical server path to be correct.

Quote:

Bassman wrote:
I read this trick somewhere here to find out your root path:

Make a new file, call it rootpath.php or something like that. Your file should contain the following:

Quote:

// Use this script to get the physical root path of your server
// Just upload this file to the main directory and point your browser to it
//http://your_xoops_directory/rootpath.php
echo "Your root path is".str_replace("\\","/",getcwd())."
";echo "without string replace:".str_replace("\\","/",getcwd())."";
?>

Just upload this to your XOOPS installation directory - ie where your install.php file is - then point your browser to the file: http://www.yoursite.com/yoursubdirectory/rootpath.php
replacing the above with your actual URL of course.
That should give you your actual rootpath.

scartissue
  • 2005/1/8 22:23

• scartissue

• Just popping in

tnx i'll check it tomorrow, zmagazine gave me blank pages too

Login

Who's Online

272 user(s) are online (223 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 272

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits