71
danielh2o
Re: Xoops On Crack?
  • 2005/1/4 22:48

  • danielh2o

  • Just popping in

  • Posts: 47

  • Since: 2004/10/19


off topic.
hope the planned 2.0.10 still on track!?

72
izzzy
Re: Xoops On Crack?
  • 2005/1/4 23:13

  • izzzy

  • Just popping in

  • Posts: 43

  • Since: 2004/5/27


He makes time that I am speaking that nínguem gives attention for safety in Xoops,.. I have more to thank to GIJOE for proving that I am right!

Without more,
Izzy

73
minahito
Re: Xoops On Crack?
  • 2005/1/5 4:06

  • minahito

  • Just popping in

  • Posts: 6

  • Since: 2004/6/29


Quote:

Before this post I had never heard of GTicket or Oreteki - and I am sad that the Oreteki developers felt they had to invent a new "brand" (Oreteki) to label this branch of XOOPS, when it is something we could have in the original XOOPS...


Japanese 'ORETEKI' means the nuance of "the one only for oneself".
'ORETEKI' developer is developing software only for himself. Then, that version is introduced to the public.
Most Japanese users don't think 'ORETEKI' to be a branch. Because they know the meaning of naming of 'ORETEKI'.

'ORETEKI' developer is not a programmer. He is the staff of the Japanese construction company.
But, he followed the general manners of the program.
Then, 'ORETEKI' became secure.

He doesn't have an open discussion, and takes care of a code for himself. His behavior will be called 'ORETEKI' in Japan. Therefore, that was named 'ORETEKI Xoops' in Japanese.

But, won't we have to learn from his behavior and his code?

P.S.
'ORETEKI' is a kind of slang.
Don't use when you talk to the Japanese on business.

74
jmass
Re: Xoops On Crack?
  • 2005/1/5 5:00

  • jmass

  • Friend of XOOPS

  • Posts: 524

  • Since: 2003/12/18


I think it is interesting that we are getting a glimps of a totally different culture. (I am American BTW)

I have really shied away from the Japanese and Chinese modules due to the language difficulties. However, I see that some really good stuff is comming out of these places. I will check it out in more detail.

75
Mithrandir
Re: Xoops On Crack?

Quote:

minahito wrote:
Quote:

Before this post I had never heard of GTicket or Oreteki - and I am sad that the Oreteki developers felt they had to invent a new "brand" (Oreteki) to label this branch of XOOPS, when it is something we could have in the original XOOPS...


Japanese 'ORETEKI' means the nuance of "the one only for oneself".
'ORETEKI' developer is developing software only for himself. Then, that version is introduced to the public.
Most Japanese users don't think 'ORETEKI' to be a branch. Because they know the meaning of naming of 'ORETEKI'.

'ORETEKI' developer is not a programmer. He is the staff of the Japanese construction company.
But, he followed the general manners of the program.
Then, 'ORETEKI' became secure.

He doesn't have an open discussion, and takes care of a code for himself. His behavior will be called 'ORETEKI' in Japan. Therefore, that was named 'ORETEKI Xoops' in Japanese.

But, won't we have to learn from his behavior and his code?

P.S.
'ORETEKI' is a kind of slang.
Don't use when you talk to the Japanese on business.

Thanks for the clarification.

OK, so Oreteki is not on its way to become the next e-xoops/RunCMS? Good. I will see to it that we get the ideas from Oreteki integrated in the XOOPS core.
GIJOE has already told me that he would be happy to see Protector code integrated in the XOOPS core, but I had hoped he would play a more active role in this implementation and as official security officer - I hope GIJOE is considering this (he would get back to me shortly) and will keep you informed, when I get something more to say.

76
smdcom
Re: Xoops On Crack?

Quote:

Mithrandir wrote:
GIJOE has already told me that he would be happy to see Protector code integrated in the XOOPS core, but I had hoped he would play a more active role in this implementation and as official security officer - I hope GIJOE is considering this (he would get back to me shortly) and will keep you informed, when I get something more to say.


Yes! That's a good news for us... Hope XOOPS will release more secure core. Go XOOPS! Go!

77
minahito
Re: Xoops On Crack?
  • 2005/1/5 7:59

  • minahito

  • Just popping in

  • Posts: 6

  • Since: 2004/6/29


Quote:

OK, so Oreteki is not on its way to become the next e-xoops/RunCMS?


Yes, 'Oreteki' is customization for him. It's different from E-Xoops/RunCMS's way.

Quote:

I will see to it that we get the ideas from Oreteki integrated in the XOOPS core.


This message is good news.
It's good news that security team will be established, too!

78
GIJOE
Re: Xoops On Crack?
  • 2005/1/5 9:20

  • GIJOE

  • Quite a regular

  • Posts: 265

  • Since: 2003/8/13


First of all, I apologize to you about doing an unethic way.
It's just a crack instead of sophisticated demonstrations.

I'll never justify the action I did in 1st Jan.


Secondly, I don't want to role officer of QA and/or Security.

reasons:

1. I'm busy on my job and family.

2. I don't have enough skill to role it.
The real hero is JM2. I'm just a baby if compared with him.

3. I'm a module developper and want to continue developping them.
If I report the vulnerablities in a module which competes my module, how do you think?

79
GIJOE
Re: Xoops On Crack?
  • 2005/1/5 9:37

  • GIJOE

  • Quite a regular

  • Posts: 265

  • Since: 2003/8/13


Quote:
1- why you dont write good documentation for your works?
personally i use your modules and hacks ( protector , autologin , xhld ) but there is no documentation in your site or i cant find it.for regular modules the documentation is not very need and important but for a module like 'protector' we MUST have a very compelete detailes documentation to use. if we cant understand it how we can recommended it?

You are right.
Thus I made MEMO inside the archive.
I believe that it is a good documentation to understand the action of Protector.
But it is written in Japanese.

Quote:
2- why you dont write any news about your works in xoops.org site?
report to community is very important. e.g. you release protector 2.2 in http://www.peak.ne.jp but a person like me how know about it? i dont know what you think about it but i can tell you "many people dont know about you and your works"

That's because this site is too heavy to use.
It makes me a stress even writing this article.

Quote:
instead of just coding and coding and coding .... just spend some times with us .the community waiting for you

It's just a misunderstanding.

I can't communicate well just in English.
You can see my uname in the top of http://www.xoopscube.jp/

80
Mithrandir
Re: Xoops On Crack?

Quote:
I don't want to role officer of QA and/or Security.

OK, I respect your priorities, but please in the future, could you just slip me personally an email, PM or IM message if you find security holes? You don't have to write long essays, just what you can about the hole itself and if possible how to fix it.

Login

Username:
Password:

Lost Password? Register now!

Who's Online

69 user(s) are online (34 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)


Members: 0


Guests: 69


more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits