punivers
Can not Write Mainfile when installing Xoops (READ THIS because it is strange)
  • 2005/1/4 20:05

• punivers

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/4 1

Oke my problem was that when I was installing XOOPS that he came with the Error "can not write mainfile.php"

Oke no problem I checked my security and gave the write premissions

I tryed again to install XOOPS but problem was still there.

I made a connection with my FTP client to try the CHMOD but when I looked at every file and folder the attributes were empty no rights are given SO no RW/R ect just ........ dots

I tryed to change the file in 777 but first he wat to do it but hen when you check the file it is again ....... (empty)

Please help I think this is not written in a document somewhere on the internet

Thank in advanced

Bender
Re: Can not Write Mainfile when installing Xoops (READ THIS because it is strange)
  • 2005/1/4 20:18

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

1. If you check file properties: Is your account/user the owner of the files?

2. check with your hoster

brash
Re: Can not Write Mainfile when installing Xoops (READ THIS because it is strange)
  • 2005/1/4 21:27

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

This sounds like an issue with your host, not Xoops. First port of call for any permission related issues that you can't fix yourself should be your host.

DonXoop

One tip I can give if your host refuses to allow a 777 setting (and assuming that you are actually doing it correctly) is to ask the hoster to set "ownership" of the file/directory to the webserver user. This is more secure than a 777 anyway. Downside is that your account has more trouble deleting or adding files. Not a big problem when done right.

This is the preferred method for things like xoopsgallery. The webserver is creating the new files so it is safer that the server owns the directory instead being wide open.

Login

Who's Online

343 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 343

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits