talon39
Can I run two copies of the Downloads module?
  • 2005/1/4 15:27

• talon39

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/6/13

Is it possible to run two copies of the downloads module in the same XOOPS installation.
If so, what do I need to change in the second copy? Will there be any conflicts with tables in the database? If so how do I overcome them?

Thanks

carnuke
Re: Can I run two copies of the Downloads module?
  • 2005/1/4 15:30

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

This site runs 3 versions of WFdownloads, but I dont think the changed versions have been released. Can we do that?? saves people hacking it themselves

talon39
  • 2005/1/4 16:20

• talon39

• Just popping in

WFdownloads is a bit overkill for my needs. I'm just using the downloads module to distribute documents.
So how would I go about installing a second copy of the standard downloads module?

Bender
  • 2005/1/4 16:32

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

When you do that please take into consideration adding a warning to the files that it might not be an easy way to upgrade to the next wf-downloads version if required.

This depends on the kind of changes actually done on these cloned versions? (was it only renaming of functions and tables or was it adding new tables)

Just in case there are deeper changes is there someone who will update the modules to keep track of future changes in wf-downloads?

Just a thought ... and depending on the changes applied to those it might be worth thinking about - or possibly not.

talon39
  • 2005/1/4 19:48

• talon39

• Just popping in

Thanks guys, but I think you have lost me. I'm not talking about wf-downloads. I'm talking about the standard downloads module that comes bundled with xoops. I wish to run a second instance of it.

Bender
  • 2005/1/4 21:44

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

If you really would want to use the original module and clone it i think you would have to do the work yourself. At least i don´t remember anyone specific already cloning that one. (which of course doesn´t mean thats the case)

However as the work would be little different between doing the one or the other: Out of curiosity why do you prefer the original module?

For what its worth here is a description how to clone a odule:

https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=274

brash
  • 2005/1/4 21:49

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

You might also like to have a look at WMPDownloads which can be downloaded from my site. It is exactly the same as the standard MyDownloads module, except it has permissions

Login

Who's Online

47 user(s) are online (18 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 47

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits