DonXoop
Re: Xoops On Crack?

Quote:
smdcom wrote:
As part of the QA Team, i totally agree with this. GIJOE is the right person to be the 1st XOOPS's Chief Of Security.

Perhaps but he still has to be spanked for the methods of recent.
You can't bully your way into a position. Initial control and direction is up to the admins already in charge. imho

With everything else being the same the added benefits beyond pure coding is in language. XOOPS should work for as many languages as possible. Cultural differences belong at the admin options and user level. Culture and politics shouldn't play any part in the core devel.

If the politics can be eliminated then there is a great opportunity to enhance the developement.

danielh2o
  • 2005/1/1 20:53

• danielh2o

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/19

Frankly, I was not shocked after seeing the demo here. Thanks GIJoe for telling us the sophisticated demo in real.

For new xoopser, like me, you may have similar question mainfile.php secure?

We like xoops, so use it! Visibility to uncovered issue is important, we just want to know what are we using. We're curious about it when we are inbetween know and don't know. However, people tend to wrapped up in the bomb after explosion

Thanks again for all valuable work!
I think all xoopser desire the massaged version 2.0.10 (as proposed here) asap. Should it holds the highest priority in current's core development? any schedule?

Mithrandir

Quote:

danielh2o wrote:
Should it holds the highest priority in current's core development?
Yes, and it does

smdcom

Quote:

DonXoop wrote:
Perhaps but he still has to be spanked for the methods of recent.
You can't bully your way into a position. Initial control and direction is up to the admins already in charge. imho

Agree. But it's just my suggestion. So, respect each other.

Speed
  • 2005/1/2 3:47

• Speed

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/18

I'm glad we've gotten this year's drama out of the way early.

The QA Team is a big step in the right direction. Forking into East and West versions would be silly IMNSHO. I hope things work out for all parties and that they pool resources and make XOOPS that much better.

Anonymous
  • 2005/1/3 21:33

• Anonymous

• Since:

Hi.

Before anyone says anything, I'm no one, never did anything useful for any of you, and I quit all communities I ever participated of, so probably I have no right of talking anything, but still I'd like to give my opinion about that. Not willing to bring this subject up again but... ^_^

I'm kinda tired of the blindness that lays here. I won't bring any case up as they got nothing to do with this thread. The thing is that there are many people willing to help in some way, and they're simply ignored...

Then, just 'cause someone in Japan started a fork, you talk about it like they're doing something wrong and have to share what they did with you. I'm not in no one's side, but you said they develop stuff without sharing with you. Did you ever think about their circumstances? Have you ever thought English might be a barrier to them too? I don't think so.

If they HAVE to translate what they create into English, think: why don't you have to translate your stuff into their language too?

And don't come with that old stupid chatting that English is a international language or that's more democratic doing it in this language 'cause it's not. Not everyone can talk it. Not everyone can learn it.

What I see is that you just put it that way 'cause you feel damaged. Okay, sharing and team work is the key of a community, but still, did you ever stretch a hand to any of your supporting communities?

Well, that's MY point of view, not any particular community's nor any other individuals.

Sorry if I sound rude. If you don't like what I wrote, ban me or delete this post...

Greetz
-FutureSpy

tedsmith
  • 2005/1/3 23:45

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

A fair and valid point, but, English is (and has been for the last few hundred years) the primary International language used and learnt by the majority of the developed world. Japanese, Spanish, Islandic, whatever, is not. Maybe one day they will be. But they aren't yet. If they were, I'm sure XOOPS and the modules that are created for it would equally be applied to those as they are currently applied to English. If you want your product to be used in this current era, it HAS to be in English somewhere along the line.

PHPhurts
  • 2005/1/3 23:59

• PHPhurts

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/28

I thnk this kind of security lapse or opening merits an alert, and instructions on getting and installing the Protector Module. Perhaps GI Joe will take a minute and write up a note explaining the type of hack that was used?

<P></P>
Thanks everyone for the effort!

Bassman
  • 2005/1/4 0:04

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

I can see both points of view. The other thing to consider is: This site, which is the main support site for Xoops, is in English, like it or not. The main content is English, the default installation language (for the XOOPS package) is English. I'm not saying this is good or bad, it's just the way it is. Remember also, that one of the main (original) developers of Xoops, the gifted Onokazu, is Japanese (unless my memory has failed me), and yet the XOOPS site is in English. I guess that's why we have support sites for other languages. (I can't comment on those, since I can only speak English).
It's easy to say that developers SHOULD release modules etc in many languages, but in reality, it's a difficult thing to do. There are many gifted programmers (Such as GIJOE) who are also able to communicate in more than one language, but what about the other languages? Perhaps there should be more multi-lingual people on board at XOOPS to co-ordinate with the other language sites, and arrange for translations of module documentation etc?

hervet
  • 2005/1/4 7:23

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Hello,

I really don't understand why some of you are using this post to discuss of language "problems" whereas the subject is security and whereas there's no language problem !

First off all, on this page I can count 20 local support sites .... 20 !

I'm not trying to defend those Xoopsers coming on this site because they are talking english but they have the right to have an english support site too no ?

Modules are always firstly available in english but many local support and supporters translate them in your mother lanuage no ?

Secondly, let's be honest, some of you are doing some allusions about a kind of reject of certain nationalities or countries. Mith is living in Danemark, Predator in Germany, Carnuke in the United Kingdom, Solo is Belgian, Ackbarr in the USA, Marcan is Canadian, Onokazu is Japanese, I'm french etc etc. That's just some examples but what an international team don't you think ! Can you see any limitation to any country or language ?

To come back to the subject of this post, personally I'd like to read something about the main concerned person, GIJOE.

Do you accept to be the security leader in the Q&A Team ?
Will you teach us some good practice to create securized modules and the XOOPS Core ?

Bye,
Hervé

Login

Who's Online

199 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 199

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits