Anonymous
Still problems with NewBB 2.0 Final ...
  • 2004/12/30 14:45

• Anonymous

• Since:

Hello!

I installed newbb final sucesfully and it works great. I am very happy with it. But I have only one problem now. I will try to describe it but my English is poor.

The icons to show if the post was read or not are working great while I am reading other's posts. But when I post a reply or open a new topic it shows that I am the last poster in this topic but shows as I didn't read a topic. That happens if I go to forum index ... if I go only one category up, everything is ok.

example:

---Module troubleshooting and other
--Module request
-my topic

If I open my topic and then go to "Module request" everything is ok. But if I open my topic and then go directly to forum index, it shows like I didn't read my own topic.

If someone can help me, I will be really happy.

Bye.

bassclef
Re: Still problems with NewBB 2.0 Final ...
  • 2004/12/30 16:40

• bassclef

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/27

Just to make you feel better (or worse?) I am experience what I think is the same thing. The read flags do not go to 'read' status on forums I have just replied to unless I go and read my own replies. Frustrating to the point where I only use the 'view unread topics' pulldown...

Bassclef

Anonymous
  • 2004/12/30 20:40

• Anonymous

• Since:

Oh my god ... so I am not the only one

I found a patch on dev.xoops.org and then I reistalled newbb but still have a same problem...

Predator ? Is this the bug or is something wrong with my (our) server ?

Anonymous
  • 2005/1/10 2:55

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
Oh my god ... so I am not the only one

I found a patch on dev.xoops.org and then I reistalled newbb but still have a same problem...

Predator ? Is this the bug or is something wrong with my (our) server ?

Well guesswe just forgot to update the cookie for read, what´s why you see it as unread, we will fix this thanks for reporting.

Login

Who's Online

237 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 237

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits