Forlorndeeds
System --> Templates - Viewing Only or can you edit?

Hey guys,

I've always wondered about the Templates section in System, where you can view the template themselves. But they're for viewing only. You can input infomation, but there is no saving utility.
I was wondering, can you SAVE templates whilst in the browser of XOOPS Admin? Or do you have to do it manually by uploading the template via FTP?
I've been doing this way for awhille. Maybe I'm wrong.
Would you have to set the files to 777 in order them to work?

Would LOVE to know if you can save them in the browser, would fasten time.

Herko
Re: System --> Templates - Viewing Only or can you edit?
  • 2004/12/27 13:33

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

the default templateset cannot be edited, you have to clone the default set before you can edit and save your cganges in the cloned set.

herko

smdcom

To Clone your template: system -> template -> default=clone.

Then, goto system -> preferences -> general settings -> default template = the name of your cloned template.

SMD

pcracer
Re: System --> Templates - GONE!
  • 2004/12/28 23:59

• pcracer

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/23

I've recently noticed that I have lost my cloned template files in the admin/templates area.

Looked in the database & it shows up there under tplset, plus in the default template row only 4 templates are showing up & no option to clone.
I've updated to 2.09 from 2.07.3 using the patch & also reloaded the modules/system folder from main 2.09 too.

Is there a file/folder I'm missing or need to re-upload? Any ideas on what to do in order to show my cloned templates in the admin menu so that I can edit them? I am able to modify them from the blocks edit menu...

I'm totally lost on this one!

Forlorndeeds

I'm so confused.
So is this the way, to save blocks through browsers? Or..? am I getting confused with another method?

Forlorndeeds

Sorry, what does cloning accomplish?
A backup?

Widget
  • 2004/12/29 2:52

• Widget

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/24

I'm also new to XOOPS but correct me if I am wrong here. Cloning allows you to modify or customize your template without having to mess up the default template. Anyways, it helps you put the code into you favorite web editor then make the changes using a browser. I think this feature is pretty good since you can see the changes right away. It will be difficult to see the changes if your not online...not unlesss you have you PC setup to see php code. IE install mysql, apache and so on.

m0nty
  • 2004/12/29 3:20

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

yep you're right Widget :)

as a recommendation, i would advise to not touch the default templates at all on the server side.. they are useful if u make a balls up with your template editing.. so always clone the default set 1st and then edit the cloned set.. that way you can still get ur site functioning by changing back to the default should something go wrong..

Login

Who's Online

200 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 200

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits