Foundas
Cannot write to mainfile.php
  • 2004/12/20 14:50

• Foundas

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/20

hey guys

i have followed the instructions for installation, i copied the contents of html directory in c:\xoops, i get all green lights for write access to the files, but i get this message:

Could not write into mainfile.php. Please check the file permission and try again

i am using winXP SP1, IIS v.6, PHP 4.3.1 and mySQL with mySQL administrator.

i have write access in the default web-site of IIS, i have write permissions on the whole directory (c:\xoops)(otherwise i wouldnt get FOUR green lights) but i still cannot continue with installation

i cannot find the Security Tab as many of you suggested in changing. If i right click on the folder, choose properties, i have these options: General, sharing, web sharing, customize. The read-only box is unchecked also.

please help me out

thanks in advance

Foundas
Re: Cannot write to mainfile.php
  • 2004/12/20 14:56

• Foundas

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/20

got it...

cheers

petetrcs
  • 2004/12/26 4:11

• petetrcs

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/10

Hello, I also facing the same problems . Can you tell me how you solve ur problem. It is an urgent. Pls reply my msg as soon as possible. thanks first a

This is the error msg,
Warning: copy(../mainfile.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\html\install\class\mainfilemanager.php on line 52

Could not write into mainfile.php. Please check the file permission and try again.

Izit, we need to some changing on the code.

Anonymous
  • 2004/12/26 10:29

• Anonymous

• Since:

You have to set the permission to 777.

petetrcs
  • 2004/12/26 13:39

• petetrcs

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/10

Sorry, I dont understand. what you mean set it to 777 .Can u explain to me..Thanks first a... I am using window platform. not linus..

smdcom

Quote:

petetrcs wrote:
Sorry, I dont understand. what you mean set it to 777 .Can u explain to me..Thanks first a... I am using window platform. not linus..

go to your FTP. then chmod it to 777 to make it writeable, accessable and executable.

Better Reference: XOOPS FAQ : What Is CHMOD?

SMD

aph3x
Cannot write to mainfile.php
  • 2004/12/26 17:51

• aph3x

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2004/12/26

I am having the same problem , but the XOOPS is to be instaled on a PC at home , not uploaded somewere , so what can i do to make the "mainfile.php" Writeble?!
thanks a lot

Carpenter
  • 2005/1/4 19:23

• Carpenter

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/4 1

I have the same problem, does anybody has the solution? I also have Windows XP SP2, IIS. Tnx in advance.

aph3x
  • 2005/1/5 21:55

• aph3x

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2004/12/26

I have solved the problem with writing the file , and it was my fault that didn't work at the first time... I am running XOOPS on a XP Pro machine and the server program is Apache2triad1-1.5 ,well silly me was forgeting to mention the username and password that MySQL had by default instalation now the site is running well .
good luck to everyone outhere

Login

Who's Online

182 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 182

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits