Alogon
User Pages Module
  • 2004/6/6 23:22

• Alogon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/6 2

I could use a module that would allow my users to create simple web pages and save them onto my server. I would like for my users to be able to make their pages in a wysiwyg editor that would not show them the HTML then save the page onto my server and give them the URL to pull up the page they created. It would also be nice if the user could go to a management page and see a list of all the pages they had made, and be able to view, edit, or delete them from there. Are there any modules that already do this?

JackJ
Re: User Pages Module
  • 2004/6/7 0:02

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

I have adapted wfsection by Catswolf to do this integrating Catswolf's spaw wysiwyg module, its for download at my site, it uses HTML WYSIWYG at both ends, which could be a security risk for public sites. An edit link appears on the main menu when the article creator is logged in, this takes the user to an article manager where they can edit their own articles.

xfsection a clone of wfsection allows users to edit their own pages, but no wysiwyg or HTML at the user end.

The new wfsection by Catswolf is on the way with lots more features like this, but no news as to when yet..

Alogon
  • 2004/6/7 0:31

• Alogon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/6 2

That is not quite what I am looking for. I am wanting to make something like geocities and other web hosts for amateurs. I would like for the user to be able to make pages in a wysiwyg editor, or allow them to choose a template for their page and upload the pictures and enter the text for it. Then give them a url where they can see it. I have been searching and it looks like something I am going to have to make on my own.

jfebus
  • 2004/12/21 14:45

• jfebus

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/1 1

It will be great to have a module like this....

Anyone knows about a non XOOPS script to do it?

I am willing to try to port it...

Best regards,

dilbert166
  • 2004/12/21 15:10

• dilbert166

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/4 1

i think, there are a few projects, that want to adress this usecase. i found the following thread on myxoops.org rather enlightning. even when you canĀ“t understand german, you shuld be able to follow the 3 links, frankblack provided. none of these projects is published yet, but that may only be a matter of time.

CLICK

Login

Who's Online

171 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 171

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits