dilbert166
strange behaviour of multimenu 1.5
  • 2004/12/19 22:01

• dilbert166

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/4 1

hey guys,

i´m encountering some strange behaviour of multimenu 1.5.
i´ve created a custom-menu with a sublink like this:

modules/arms/view.php?w=sec&idx=2

as you may see, i´m using it to link to a special section of ARMS 0.4. everything is working fine with this one.

but as soon, as i edit the link to

modules/arms/view.php?w=sec&idx=1

the page cannot be displayed, saying "The requested URL /modules/arms/modules/arms/view.php was not found on this server". somehow, it doubles the first part (/modules/arms). but it´s only doing this with the second link. everything else works! i´m loosing my mind about this. any ideas, why this happens?

dilbert166
Re: strange behaviour of multimenu 1.5
  • 2004/12/20 10:59

• dilbert166

• Just popping in

no, ideas? anyone?

Herko
  • 2004/12/20 11:07

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

yeah, I have one. You're using relative links: path_where_you_are_at_that_time/modules/arms/view.php. So, if your current URL is yoursite.com/modules/arms/view.php, and you click that link, you get yoursite.com/moudles/arms/modules/arms/view.php. The double link. If you click that second link from your homepage, you get the normal page you want.

Solution: use XOOPS_URL or whatever multimenu uses to set the root path of your links

Herko

dilbert166
  • 2004/12/20 13:04

• dilbert166

• Just popping in

sorry herko, but unfortunately this didn´t solve the problem

Quote:

yeah, I have one. You're using relative links: path_where_you_are_at_that_time/modules/arms/view.php.

sure i´m using relative links, because multimenu automatically sets the XOOPS_URL in front of my links (at least that is what it seems to do).

Quote:

So, if your current URL is yoursite.com/modules/arms/view.php, and you click that link, you get yoursite.com/moudles/arms/modules/arms/view.php.

no, that is not the case as my link starts on /modules/arms. according to your logic, the doubling should occur with any link.

Quote:

The double link. If you click that second link from your homepage, you get the normal page you want.

no, it doesn´t work, no matter from where i click it...

any more ideas? it´s a pity, as the rest of my links DO work...

Login

Who's Online

129 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 129

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits