finchwizard
AMS Module Problem
  • 2004/12/13 11:44

• finchwizard

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/1

Hey people,

I'm new to Xoops, although I'm not that new to CMS's etc.

I just installed the AMS module, very very excited that it's finally out.

I installed it, Clicked Submit article, went along, filled out an article, then I went to the backend, to the AMS section, looked for my article, and I couldn't find it anywhere.

So I went back to the main page, clicked on Articles, and it gives me a blank page, nothing on it, nothing what so ever.

Any ideas?

Any help would be appreciated.

~Finchwizard~

intel352
Re: AMS Module Problem
  • 2004/12/13 12:43

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

have you set permissions?

finchwizard
  • 2004/12/13 21:55

• finchwizard

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/1

Yes, I tried all different types of permissions, both within XOOPS and on the actual folder permissions on the server.

I'll remove it and try again today sometime.

brash
  • 2004/12/13 22:36

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Quote:

finchwizard wrote:
Yes, I tried all different types of permissions, both within XOOPS and on the actual folder permissions on the server.

I'll remove it and try again today sometime.

AMS uses the same permissions system as News 1.2. Have you set your permissions within AMS? Also, have you created a topic? You'll need to create a topic before submitting otherwise you'll get behaviour similar to what you are getting.

Lance_
  • 2004/12/13 23:50

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

If I may piggyback here.

I've created a Parent Topic, a subtopic, and a subsubtopic. When submitting an article, I do not have access to the subsubtopic.

The strange part is that they all appear fine in the topics manager.

Topic
---Subtopic
------Subsubtopic

brash
  • 2004/12/14 0:51

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Guys, please take some time to have a look around the permissions system in AMS. Granted it's not the most intuitive system around, but it does work if configured correctly. If it is not configured correctly, then you've seen first hand what happens.

Like the News 1.2 module, AMS has the view, submit and approve permissions. These three permissions operate totally seperate of each other. For instance you can have the submit permission set for a group for a topic that they do not have the view permission to. Users from that group will be able to submit articles to that topic, but wil not be able to see them. In the case where this is the first and only article, then you'll get a blank screen with all kinds of nasty errors on it.

When setting permissions you need to be very concious that they are all set seperately, so you can only ever set the permissions for one permission group (view, submit, approve) at a time. If you go in and set all you permissions for view, submit and approve and then just push submit from under the view permissions section, then only the permissions for the view section will be set. You need to go in and set the approve permissions, then push the submit button in the approve permissions section. Then go back in and do the same for submit and view sections seperately. Hope this makes sense

Login

Who's Online

208 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 208

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits