bumbum
News Module block
  • 2004/11/26 17:03

• bumbum

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/18

I use the news2 module which is very good but for my purposes I'd like to be able to display the intro text to articles in the top news block on my home page instead of just the title that links to the article.
Can anyone tell me how I might go about this or is it already possible?

hervet
Re: News Module block
  • 2004/11/26 17:16

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Hello,

Did you read the FAQ ?

Bye,
Hervé

studioC
  • 2004/11/26 17:20

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/7

hello,

some time ago someone (huhu) helped me to get that block for news1. Outcomming version2 i needed this too and so i did it not a dev would do it ... but perhaps you can use it if you don't mind some missing language declarations ...

it gives you the possibility to show different newscats with morelinks in different blocks ...

i'm actually working on this to get a better understanding what the devs are doing (me so stupid in this). perhaps someone can help me out to let this thig run propper?

here a link to what i have done so far ..

http://xoopsfactory.de/dlfiles/xf_newsmod_blocks.zip

michael

edit:!! forget to say that its from a designer who just copied some files and functions, so use it only on testsides!

bumbum
  • 2004/11/26 17:45

• bumbum

• Just popping in

Wow, it looks like I'm well outta my depth here. I'm a total novice with php so I'm gonna have to take some time to try to pull this apart figure out how it works. Thanks for the head start with the modifications you've been working on Michael. It may be a while but if I make any progress, I'll send it back your way.

Slàn

Barry

studioC
  • 2004/11/26 17:50

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/7

thanks bumbum, this will be realy nice ... i often need this additional blocks ..

michael

bumbum
  • 2004/12/15 14:33

• bumbum

• Just popping in

Hey, I'm not exactly sure how they did it, but I found a module that does exactly what I want with the news module. Check it out:
https://xoops.org/modules/repository/singlefile.php?cid=80&lid=1326
It displays the introduction paragraph in the 'recent news' block on my home page instead of just the title and a link - it works a treat.
It also has some other nice touches that give you more control over the general construction of your personal theme and I particularly like the features for placement and control of your marquees.
I'm off to post a nice comment about it in the module repository now

Login

Who's Online

253 user(s) are online (157 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 253

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits