Booth
IPBPro Arcade porting to Xoops?
  • 2004/11/25 15:45

• Booth

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/6/13

It would be great if someone would post the rather splendid IBProarcade to Xoops. At the moment it's available as a buggy module, for the XOOPS IPB mod. But it's not available as a standalone mod as yet.

Could anyone work on this? I'd be willing to set any conversion up on my site or bugtesting purposes.

I've posted a thread over at http://www.ibproarcade.com/

Could any of you interested post a message on this thread. I know that Chris over there is doing conversions for Phpbb and Vbulletin. Why not Xoops?

And I know that the Pnflashgames mod is already available for Xoops, but it doesn't have the same features and functionality of IBProarcade. It also doesn't have the same compatibility with flash games as IBProarcade does.

What does everyone else think?

m0nty
Re: IPBPro Arcade porting to Xoops?
  • 2004/11/25 16:34

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

asking a lot :S

the answer will probably be a 'No'

simply because the ibproarcade mod is made and uses ipb to make it work, using it with XOOPS would be practically impossible and would be easier to create a mod from scratch in my opinion..

besides that, the author of ibproarcade will NOT give permission for it to be used like that.. i remember the threats and the heated arguments with the author over on bbpixel when we were modifying the invision version to work with XOOPS X-IPB.. in the end he gave permission for it to be used with X-IPB only..

in short: it is an addon hack for invision boards, and the only way to make it work standalone would be to use invision code so there is your answer regarding why it probably will not be done..

m0nty
  • 2004/11/25 16:38

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

you also seem to be confusing phpbb, vbulletin and ipb with what XOOPS is..

the latter are MESSAGE BOARDS

XOOPS is a CMS/Portal and not a message board, they work differently and are designed differently..

Booth
  • 2004/11/25 17:17

• Booth

• Just popping in

There is no need to shout m0nty!

I, like many XOOPS users are not as technically proficient as some of the rest of you so have no idea how difficult it is to convert or modify something to work with Xoops.

I know that XOOPS is a CMS and the others are BBs, but as far as my knowledge went they both use php and sql tables so to me it seemed do-able, but what do I know

This forum is entitled XOOPS Requests and I had a request which I thought would be a great idea. Especially as I've used the IBproarcade before and the users of that site absolutely loved it - so I posted. I'd hate to go back to IPB just to use the arcade because I think that the XOOPS CMS is much better overall for my community site.

But thanks for the information

Booth
  • 2004/11/25 17:45

• Booth

• Just popping in

Quote:

m0nty wrote:

besides that, the author of ibproarcade will NOT give permission for it to be used like that.. i remember the threats and the heated arguments with the author over on bbpixel when we were modifying the invision version to work with XOOPS X-IPB.. in the end he gave permission for it to be used with X-IPB only..

By the way, just out of curiousity, why all the threats? Shouldn't the IBProarcade team be happy that their work is going out to a wider audience? (so may get donations from more users).

m0nty
  • 2004/11/26 3:44

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

yeah sorry bout the shoutin, wasn't meant like that.. i was a bit stressed at work thats all.. in regards to the threats, it was initially due to the mod being converted and distributed without the owners permission, there was some confusion with some members who were pushing to get this mod converted the owner got a bit mad cos he hadn't been informed.. but once it was explained that it was for an IPB module for XOOPS cms in which invision had given permission to convert and distribute a XOOPS version of IPB, he changed his mind and allowed it to be distributed for XOOPS IPB only..

m0nty
  • 2004/11/26 3:47

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

also i know u said u didn't want to go back to ipbm, but if it's a must, then we could actually really look into the buggy sections of the mod and fix those, they are only smallish which could be fixed if enuff people want to bug test it & report all bugs found..

mRgRUMPy
  • 2004/11/26 9:21

• mRgRUMPy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/16

Quote:

Booth wrote:
It would be great if someone would post the rather splendid IBProarcade to Xoops. At the moment it's available as a buggy module, for the XOOPS IPB mod. But it's not available as a standalone mod as yet.

can you post the url for that "buggy" module??

i'm using exoops in my site and wants to replace by xoops, but dont like to lost my ipbgames (in exoops there's a stand alone module for ipbpro arcade games).

Booth
  • 2004/11/29 18:11

• Booth

• Just popping in

Quote:

m0nty wrote:
also i know u said u didn't want to go back to ipbm, but if it's a must, then we could actually really look into the buggy sections of the mod and fix those, they are only smallish which could be fixed if enuff people want to bug test it & report all bugs found..

Hi Monty. No problem with the shouting, we all get that way. I really need to return to newbb at some point which would be no ipb, which would also mean no ibpro arcade. I could always let you know what bugs I currently have after a quick check.

On another note, how about ibpro arcade for newbb? Would that not work?

m0nty
  • 2004/11/29 18:23

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

i don't know exactly, as ibproarcade usies IPB has its main code as it's an addon for it.. as a thought tho.. if mrGrumpy could post us a link to download the standalone exoops module of the arcade mod, then that would probably be a lot easier to convert for XOOPS than modifying ibproarcade itself..

Login

Who's Online

184 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 184

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits