PlaneGuy
News2 - Submittal form
  • 2004/11/12 22:49

• PlaneGuy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/1

I have installed and am running News2. When a user selects "submit news" from the main menu, a form is presented that permits the user to enter the Title, Topic and "The scoop". However, when I go in to the admin tools area, I have many extra fields - title, intro text, main text, publish date and expiry date.

Does anyone know what would be required to modify to give users (even the admin when going in through the user menu) the ability to use these extra fields?

fluffyarse
Re: News2 - Submittal form
  • 2004/11/22 6:02

• fluffyarse

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/22

Yes, I have the same problem.

As an administrator there are two main fields for submitting news, a summary which appears on the news page, but also an "extended text" field which shows up as a "read more" link on the news page.
Regular news posters only get "the scoop" which means that their article can take up the whole page, and there is no "read more" link.

It would be good if anyone who wants to submit a news item could provide a summary separately from the rest of the article.
Without this feature, this module is useless to me.

It would also be good if an image could be uploaded with the news article. It should go without saying that a news article can have a picture posted with it.

Is there another module which allows a picture or even a file attachment to be uploaded with the news article?

What I really need for XOOPS to be of use is for site users to be able to:

1. anonymously post news items split into a summary for display on the news page with the rest of the article visible only after clicking "read more".

2. Optionally upload an image file with the news article, with a thumnail of the image viewable with the summary on the news page and the full image viewable only after clicking "read more".

3. post anonymously but able to provide their own name/alias instead of having all posts presented as being authored by the same person("anonymous").

These are the three basic requirement for the news site I am tying to set up, but I am also interested in the posibility of allowing site users to rate articles and to have the articles filtered by these ratings and by a reputation management system. i.e. each user sees different news summaries because they are able to filter out articles which didn't rate well according to persons of like mind.

Is there a XOOPS module like this?

Login

Who's Online

172 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 172

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits