bovalisc
Parse error when trying to access my xoops home page !!!!
  • 2004/11/9 18:56

• bovalisc

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/9

I have just completed the installation of XOOPS on my local computer (localhost) and I have reached the "Installation Complete" XOOPS panel. Now, when I click to "see" my home page I get the following "parse error":

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CLONE, expecting T_STRING in c:\wamp\www\xoops\kernel\object.php on line 528

Can you please help me ??

Thank you
Charles Bovalis.

ackbarr
Re:Parse error when trying to access my xoops home page !!!!

sure - XOOPS 2.0.7.3 does not work in PHP 5. The XOOPS 2.0.9 beta has preliminary support for PHP 5, but several modules will need to be updated for them to work properly.

Your options:
Downgrade to PHP 4.3.x
Install XOOPS 2.0.9 Beta, submit bug reports on the modules that fail to run properly.

bovalisc
  • 2004/11/9 21:06

• bovalisc

• Just popping in

Thank you ackbar ... I will have to "downgrade" my PHP version ... Too bad as I had installed WAMP server and it was very seemless and easy. Now I am forced to download and configure Apache, PHP, and MySQL separately and that is a little tedious. Any other recommendation of where to download as a package ??

bovalisc
  • 2004/11/9 22:43

• bovalisc

• Just popping in

ackbar.... I was able to downgrade and finally my installation is complete and successfull. I can now see the home page on my local computer. Thanks again.

One more quick question: If I decide NOT to include the login module to the general public, can I still access the admin panel as the administrator ??

elinde
  • 2004/11/12 17:54

• elinde

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/2

I had the same parse error, and was thrilled to find a thread that told me why, and sort of how to fix it.

Thing is, I'm no network admin, and I can't figure out how to roll back my php from 5 to 4.x. Can someone expand on this, or point me to an installer that will install apache, MySQL and php4?

Mithrandir

XAMPP 1.4.9 has a PHP-switcher to switch between PHP4 and PHP5 - works like a charm for me.

Login

Who's Online

368 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 368

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits