24jedi
trouble seeing modules
  • 2004/11/8 16:56

• 24jedi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/21

I have in the past installed modules, but am having a problem with two right now.

xt_conteudo Content Module
IMenu

I downloaded xt_conteudo from XOOPS.
I unzipped the contents to a temp directory. This created the structure c:\temp\xt_conteudo\xt_conteudo , where the xoops_version.php was in the second directory. Following the instructures in the doc's, I ftp'd the second directory to my site.

The site structure is:
/xoops/modules/xt_conteudo/ whereby the xoops_version.php is in the xt_conteudo directory.

However, after loggin in as administrator, I don't see xt_conteudo in the module adminstration page. I have logged out several time and hit the refresh screen several times.

the xt_conteudo folder does have atleast Read and Execute permissions.

I am having the same problem with another modules as well.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

24jedi
Re: trouble seeing modules
  • 2004/11/9 3:10

• 24jedi

• Just popping in

after turning on debugging I get the following:

With respect to iMenu...

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: phpdefine() in /home/munyakc/public_html/xoops/modules/iMenu/language/english/modinfo.php on line 1

the php file has this code

<?phpdefine("_IM_IMENU_NAME","iMenu");define("_IM_IMENU_DESC","a nice 'postnuke' like link menu.");?>

I finally removed the module(iMenu) from the module tree. BAMM... all the other modules I was trying to install magically appeared under the module administrators page.

The debugging feature ackbarr pointed out, help end a day of frustration :)

jensclas
Re: trouble seeing modules

I have been posting about this in the Modules Troubleshooting forum..and unfortunately for me debugging show nothing...but your magical solution gives me an idea...so here's yhe idea..what if I unistall the other installed modules one by one save the admin module? and find which one might be blocking the others?

jensclas
Re:trouble seeing modules

oooh...I unistalled sections and now it is not in the available to install...will I try another? I have deactivated contact us..but am not game to uninstall it yet...waiting feedback

cheers

24jedi
Re:trouble seeing modules
  • 2004/11/10 2:33

• 24jedi

• Just popping in

The problem I had was with the iMenu module. Not with the XOOPS modules that come preloaded (but not installed)

Before you uninstall the XOOPS modules, I would first uninstall the third-party modules "YOU" downloaded then uploaded to the module directory...such as iMenu.

In my experience, iMenu was the problem. Deleting this sub-directory from the modules directory was my solution.

Login

Who's Online

229 user(s) are online (160 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 229

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits